Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Retraction

So for about the past week I've been thinking that I needed to print a retraction for my previous post about the bink. It was a trying week (in a good way), to say the least. I'll have to write about my adventures that weakened my resolve to rid ourselves of our little friend, but let's just say, I did great for about 5 days and then I caved in and gave Elsie her little crutch back. This made me feel pretty sheepish after all the cheerleading and encouragement I'd received from all of you, but hey! I was losing it.

However . . .

I am proud to report I am back on track and better than ever. The past few days I've been giving my little babe an opportunity to learn to put herself to sleep (without the bink and without mommy). She's been doing fantastic. When she's tired, I rock her for about 1 minute, give her lots of little kisses (which she loves), and lay her in her bed. She cries for about 2 minutes or so and falls asleep! It's fantastic and she has slept all the way through the night the past 2 nights in a row. These are lovely days. It seems like an eternity since I've slept all the way through the night undisturbed. Oh, HAPPY DAY!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It is a wonderful feeling to wake up and think, "What time is it? I slept through the night!" I hope you have many more full night's sleep.

ClancyPants said...

Yay you!! Yay Elsie!!! Yay Sleep!! Congrats! And don't worry about the "retraction". We all do the best we can and that's the best we can do! :)

Amber said...

Horray for sleep. Guess what? Since we have been home I have been working on the whole bink buisness it is going pretty well. She doesn't always need it to go to bed. =)