.........................................................................................................................
First of all, our house is over 100 years old and therefore doesn't have all the modern conveniences - like screened windows. So early in the summer before we set up our air conditioner, we would occasionally leave our bedroom window open. On such occasions Gertie - our cat - would come and go at night as she pleased.One such night at about 3:30 am I was rudely awakened to 2 fighting cats jumping in my bedroom window. Being the heavy sleeper that I am, being yanked out of sleep in such a manner is truly disorienting. Now, you would think that such a vicious awakening would be bad enough, but as soon as these hissing, yowling cats jump onto my window seal, Nels sits straight up in bed, grabs my leg in a vice-grip, and starts yelling! Not "AAaahhh!" like any normal person would, but more like, "AAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" for more than 5 seconds. Try it! It's totally not natural to scream like that for that long! I really think that had there been a robber or something in our house, Nels would have petrified them in their tracks with his reaction!
So today I would like to honor Nels for his instinctual bravery in frightening away the offending tomcat!
4 comments:
THat is hilarious! I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type. :) :) :)
Yeah, I need to delete my Facebook - Blogging is 10 times more fun.
ROCK ON!!!! That is AWESOME!!! Nels, you are one scary dude! Maybe you should hire out as a home protector! ;)
I guess I've never quite understood myspace and facebook. I never had either. Blogger is my first attempt at anything... Sounds like I should be glad?
Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious!!! I was laughing so hard that my kids came over and had to ask what was so funny. Nels must be a pretty scary guy =).
LAUGH OUT LOAD! Oh, that's funny. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment