Friday, March 7, 2008

Addendum . . .

Oh, by the way, Hazel's first outfit consisted of a t-shirt and boots. Thankfully she didn't make it outside before I instructed her to put something on her bum. Run outside. Next additional item = coat. Back outside. Second additional item = Lilie's sweatpants. I thought these were wise additions. 

My poor children. We'd better get a brother in the family some day, or they'll grow up with no sense of modesty at all. They walk around naked or in panties all the time (and YES I AM encouraging them to get dressed - even dressing them myself - it seems to make little difference as they regularly undress themselves anyway).

4 comments:

ClancyPants said...

It doesn't seem to matter so far that there are boys and girls mixed in our family... they are always running around in their underwear!! I guess that the nakedness has slowed down in the last year or two... Mac has gotten fairly modest... but underwear is still enough! (Remember Valentines Day on my blog? Dinner in their underwear?)
My favorite was last summer- every time we'd go to my mom's house, the kids would want to jump on her tramp. Within five minutes they would all have their clothes off down to their underwear. It was an unspoken rule for that whole summer- Jumping on tramp=Remove all clothes but underwear! Kids are so funny!

Kendall said...

We are trying to teach Tyra to get her own clothes on. she has trouble with her shirt. I understand about the no clothes. Tyra trys to get away with it alot. The girls had their shirts off the other day and where waving at grandpa through the window. Jeremy didn't think it was so funny.

lynsey said...

let's just be honest. they learned the whole "streaking" thing from their parents. we knew you guys waaaay back when, you can't pull anything over on us!

Amber said...

We are not too much better about the whole modesty issue. I have a hard time convincing the kids to close the bathroom door when they are going potty. What can you do???