My crazy little children! Yesterday at Walmart I let them get a bucket of sidewalk chalk for $1. This morning at 7:15 Lilie wakes me up asking if she can go draw with her chalk outside. I told her no, it's too cold, and she started crying, so what would you do? I told her, "Fine. Go. Go have fun." She opened the door and said she needed shoes. (You think??) She tried again and said that she thinks she needs a coat. Hazel was in on this by then. They both proceeded to dress themselves in mismatched clothes and head outside. Lilie has been out there for about 20 minutes now, Hazel keeps coming back in and out. I asked Lilie how she was doing, she said her hands were cold. Does she want to come back in - NO. Okay. And the temperature, you ask? Oh not that bad at 7:30 in the morning. Just somewhere between
-2 and
3 degrees! Not bad - if you've grown up in Idaho and been waiting 4 months to play outside with chalk!



4 comments:
Yesterday it was 25+ outside, sunny, and Katelyn asked to go outside in the back. I said, "NO." I bet she would rather be at your house playing with Hazel and Lilie with chalk then at my house playing with James with cars.
We've got to get together sometime. And soon before we go crazy inside!
K, I don't know what you were talking about earlier, cuz you've got to be the world's coolest mom! That ROCKS!!! (or should I say that CHALKS!!! Ooohh... that was so bad, it HURT, but I couldn't resist!) I am lovin' Lilie's mismatched shoes! You are too cute, and so are they!
Ha! Ha! I love their mis-matched clothes especially Lilie's shoes. Your girls are awesome!
ooh... i loved sidewalk chalk when i was little, but i doubt i would've gotten up at 7am or gone outside when it was so cold! hehe... your girls are so cute!
Post a Comment