Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Maniacal Moment

Uggg. I have had a huge problem today. And I think my kids have too. Who knows who started it. It's been a long day. That's it! We're never leaving the house again. In fact, I'll never leave my children's sides again. I'm beginning to think that they need constant supervision . . . yeah, that's it! Super Vision! I think that would solve all my problems. --- And maybe a maid. --- Or. Maybe just two lengthy pieces of rope. ---- Maybe not so lengthy. ---- This was a day filled with a lot of self-restraint (too many moments of butt-kicking temptations) interspersed with a few nice moments too. We went to the Library. That was fun. We visited Clancy! That was great! I found out that my friend is pregnant! That's exciting (maybe now she'll stop trying to steal Elsie -- I love you Stef)! I'm probably overreacting and I really just need to clean my house and put in my contacts, but why do they feel the need to do these kind of things??? Lately it's been such a gamble to leave them alone at all. LOOK AT HER!!!
LOL . . . Oh. That darn kid. Look how sad she is. I'm a bad mom. WHY??? She's so cute. Why was she so difficult today? Why didn't I put in my contacts today? Am I a masochist? Why did she not only smear my pink lipstick all over her face, but also decide that my eyeshadow and blush needed to go swimming??? She painted her fingernails the other day . . . and her pants . . . and my front window.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, Rachel. I don't know how you do it. You have some or maybe just one really busy little girl. I don't think I could handle the messes your kids get into. I think I would seriously have a nervous breakdown. You are amazing!! Don't say you're a bad Mom. I love you!! The picture is hilarious though!! LOL!! Just remember like we talked about "tomorrow is a fresh day with no mistakes in it."

Amber said...

I will try to call you tomorrow or Thursday =). BTW what did putting your contacts in have to do with the whole day? Where you wearing glasses today or you just couldn't see because you weren't wearing yoru contacts?

Life for the Pillings said...

Sigh ..... Lilie, Lilie, Lilie, need we say more. She (and your posts) keep me laughing. You must have more patience then me.

Perry's said...

reading your blog reminded me of the little girl I watch. I went in to put Hannah down for a nap. I came back and this little girl was in the toilet. She was playing with the toilet water. we had a inch of water all over the bathroom floor. She was drenched in water. She was drinking it and everything. It is really hard when it is not your kid. I wanted to kill her. I know Hannah will do stuff like that but I am hopeing it wont be for awhile.

Lisa said...

We all have moments, Rach. You'll be okay. I'm just so glad that MY kids are so quick to forgive me when I lose my patience.