Monday, June 9, 2008

Serious takers ONLY.

Okay. A few months ago, I joined the local YMCA because I NEED to lose a little of my extra baby weight. Yeah. Well, I think I've only been a total of 2 times in the past 3 months. This is clearly not working. They have free baby-sitting set up, which is fabulous and the one of the main reasons why I joined. I can even take Elsie - which is great. Only thing is, I don't feel comfortable leaving Elsie when she's so little. She puts everything in her mouth and lately has developed some separation anxiety. So I don't want her sick or screaming the entire time I'm working out. So - ANSWER? - I COULD go in the morning before Nels leaves to work. This has been my plan all along. ---- But let's get real. That hasn't been working out so well either. - Not that I've been really sleeping in, but there are a lot of things that I'd like to be able to get done in the morning and this hasn't been one of them. 

SO. I've cancelled my membership and I'm going to just try to take the girls over to the park and walk about 2-3 miles a day. Hazel can ride her bike and Lilie bawling that she wants to get out and play is GREAT incentive to walk faster. Only thing is, I think I could really use a buddy. In the past I've had problems with this because my "buddies" have consistently flaked out on me. I drop by their house to pick them up when I've dragged myself out of bed at 6 in the morning and they come out to the car and say they're not going this morning! (LOL! You KNOW who you are! :) SO - if no one wants to commit to going walking with me about 3 to 5 days a week, that's fine and I understand, but I'd love to invite anyone who also wants to lose a little extra weight and have some HILARIOUS company to join me. I would (of course) prefer someone in the area (ha ha!) but I will even take virtual walking friends. I could even set up a separate blog to help keep track of our progress. 

Anywho - if you're interested, let me know. And if there is anyone out there who is one of my "closet" blog readers, you are welcome to join as well.

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

If I were there I would be there with ya! I am desperate for a workout pal so it doesn't seem so work-outy. :)

Good luck!! :) It is a tough thing, isn't it?!

Sara Newton said...

I would so be there if I was in IF! I am in serious need of a walking buddy too! It's just more fun to get out with a friend and do stuff like that so you can feel like it's fun!

Deanna said...

Count me in!!!!! Call me to let me know what time and days - I'm up for every day, but lets get real - I'll poop out after a week :) Three times a week is fabulous!!!!! I could commit to that!

Deanna

Wendie said...

If you will move to Kaysville, I will commit to 5 days a week. If your unwilling to make that compromise, I will settle for being a virtual walking friend. A little healthy competition and accountabilty works wonders for me. Good luck!

Melyni + Alma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melyni + Alma said...

I could do evening walks...mornings are the best for me at the moment...but if I tried harder than maybe it would be more beneficial for me to walk in the mornings......ummmmmm. You would have to convince me.....

Kris said...

So I totally feel like a closet blogger because it has been so long since I've commented on here. I just get so busy it's hard to remember to put up comments. Any way.... I would totally love to walk with you too if I were not way out in the Midwest, Tornado Alley! But I am so far away! I hope you find walkers. I totally have a Y membership and actually know so me people who got at 5am! I thought about going with them but have decided I don't want to loose those extra lbs that bad :) I can't get up that early! Good luck to you.