Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun Little Swimmers



This weekend we decided to take the girls swimming at one of the local hot springs. We had a great time - the girls just LOVE water and it's a lot more fun to take them when the water is 90+ degrees. The girls had such a great time running from one hot pool the other. I wish they had a nice swimming center here in town! (HEY! Any of you entrepreneurs out there!!! There is a GREAT business opportunity here!!!) This area is so family centered, I don't understand why they don't have more family activity-type places here. Hmmm. Anyway. We had a wonderful time!


Lilie made this very cute little drawing of R2D2 on the drive there. I thought it was cute.

And while we're talking about Lilie, check out her CHIN in this last picture!


Last week while Nels and I went to a movie, Lilie was apparently doing some sort of acrobatics on the tub and, of course, slipped and knocked herself on the chiny-chin-chin.
We took her to the doctor the next day to see if she needed stitches (for the second time in year). He said she would probably be fine without them but did decide to glue it up with some derma-bond. Well - we kind of forgot about it before we went swimming and it started to peel a bit. Then it must have started to itch because she scratched the rest of it off yesterday at church. Lovely. So now she is sporting this lovely little bandage with the hope that she doesn't end up with ANOTHER lovely scar on her pretty, little, happy face. :)

4 comments:

Perry's said...

i would love to go to some hot springs. I have never been but have heard so many great things about it. Poor little lillie. I hope it doesnt scar.

Amber said...

That looks like a blast! Where did the sunny warm days go??? I want to go play in the water!

lynsey said...

great drawing of r2d2! sorry about lillie's chin, she is such a trooper. and so are you guys for getting her through it. and i completely agree with you about early to bed, early to rise! the sad thing is, until we're done with this job, the only chance i get to go to bed early is when we're on a vacation! how backwards is that?!?!

ClancyPants said...

Fun swim day! Poor chin on the Lilster!