Just a little food for thought.
Now this first clip, I really do find a little melodramatic, but I think some of the points that are made are important to our country.
Obama Video Portrait
Second link, am I the only one who finds this A LITTLE disturbing!?
Obama Changes the Presidential Seal
Lastly, my good friend Clancy posted this on her blog and I found it appropriate considering the political movements in our country today. She said that she believes this was a talk given to Congress in the '60s.
As I see the direction that our country is headed, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sadness - a sense of loss. I fear that we are headed in a direction that will never be able to be remedied. However, I hope that we will all stand up for freedom, regardless of the cost. I keep returning to the words in the Book of Mormon, written by Mormon, in the Book of Ether: " . . . whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
3 comments:
Holy crap. I feel sick. Seriously that makes me want to throw up.
I recently watched and read the clips of Obama and felt a little sick, too (The problem is, in my opinion, McCain's not a whole lot better, except for his patriotism. Sadly, I think this year I'll be voting against someone, not for someone.). There's no question that we are living in shaky times. I have felt the need over and over to get things in order. Yesterday, I updated our 72-Hour kits and still have more to do today. I've been working on food storage heavily this year too. I truly believe that we are going to need these things. Do you remember when President Hinckley gave a talk in General Conference in 2001 about preparedness? He talked about 7 years of feast and then 7 years of famine. Well, we are now in 2008. I know that he wasn't making specific claims for this year, but our lives are definitely changing. I feel like you do, that our country is heading in a direction that will never be able to be remedied. It's scary, but we know where to turn for peace. We all just need to be prepared and do our best in our own homes.
It's funny because Michael and I were talking about this just yesterday, or was it the day before? Either way, we just talked about it. Michael will be in law school next year and is looking into constitutional law. He actually has been listening to talks from Pres. Benson on patriotism, but he has been listening to different ones (so he says). We both feel like our country is ceasing to serve God, which would be why we are headed for socialism/comunism. At least, that's my thought because in Ether it says that if we serve God, we will be free from oppression. It's sad how we are headed in such a bad direction. We've also been updating 72 hour kits and getting more food storage this year. You never know when it will hit!
Post a Comment