Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Home

Coming home after a long (even a short) trip is always an adjustment for some reason. It takes AT LEAST 3 days for me to get back into the swing of things, but this trip I've been determined to not let things get too out of hand while I'm recouping. So yesterday I unpacked all our bags and got them promptly put away. Dirty clothes to the laundry room, clean ones back in drawers.

As I was going through the girls' clothes, I came across an odd smell. Now, lots of things smell odd after they've been soaked in sea water, but Lilie's jacket was smelling particularly foul. :( Upon closer examination, I found the culprit.



Yes, Ladies and Gents. Those are crab claws. In a shell. In my daughter's pocket. LOL! What a funny girl!


And, lest I am ever too hard on my girls for collecting rocks from every rock pile (including most parking lots and gutters) they come across ---- I present my OWN collections from the beach. I just couldn't help myself! There were so many beautiful things!


AND my sweet little girls' lovely collection of
shells that made it home with us.

1 comment:

ClancyPants said...

That is awesome! Cute Lilie. I met a guy who told a story about his son bringing home a souvenir shell from the Caribbean and after a couple of days being home, they saw it walking across the table. Yes, it had a live hermit crab still in the shell that he brought home. It freaked them all out. Fun stuff! I love beach combing.