Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This can only end in SADNESS

I don't know why, but Elsie has an extreme fascination with toilets. If the bathroom door is left open, she beelines for it. She gets really angry with me when I try to stop her or divert her. Even if the toilet is closed, she tries to suck on the lid. SICK. Needless to say, I've taken to disinfecting my toilets OFTEN.

This fascination is going to lead to some serious tragedy - I know it. I try to keep the bathroom doors closed. But when you've got two older sisters that use the bathroom, leave the door open, leave the toilet open, and often don't flush . . . ((((sigh)))) I think I might throw up.

8 comments:

Sara Newton said...

Apparently this is normal...Michael's friend has some little boys and they caught two of them having some fun in the bathroom drinking out of it! And he wasn't sure it was flushed either...yuck! Good luck! I hope she grows out of it soon!

Perry's said...

I know what you mean. Hannah loves the bathroom. THe door always has to stay closed. Blair left it open one day. I found her in the bathroom in the toilet. So sick. I went and brushed her teeth and put her in the bath. out of everything they get into the bathroom is the worst. It must be the age.

ClancyPants said...

I know I've told you the story about Mac at about 10 months old coming out of the bathroom sucking on the bottom of the toilet plunger. It was a really nasty toilet plunger too. So... no worries. She'll live! :)

Julian said...

Nice! We eat on our toilet and poo on the kitchen table because of this!!

Lindsey and Brett said...

That's hilarious and yet sad. I can understand you being a little nervous about this habit. Good luck with that.

lynsey said...

There is still hope, Nels still eats out of the toilet and look how well he turned out;-) (from the Crazy Eyed Crew)

Lisa said...

*chuckle* good luck. Ah, to be so innocent.
And cute!

Amber said...

Yes, we have the same problem in our house. DISGUSTING!!