Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oregon Part 3 - The Beach

Each year the next sibling in line takes their turn planning our annual Chick family reunion. It was Levi and Kadie's turn this year and they planned our wonderful trip on the coast. They found an AWESOME beach house - big enough for all 32 of us! - just across the highway from this beautiful, rocky beach! It was a cold and cloudy weekend (pretty typical for Oregon, right?) but it was still so wonderful! Thank you Levi and (especially) Kadie (we all know who REALLY plans things, don't we? ;) for putting so much time into making this so wonderful for us! I know it was a lot of work, but so fun!


Run, run, run Hazel!!! Those cold ocean waves are going to get you!!! :)


I told you they'd get you!!! :)
No matter how cold the weather and the
water, you cannot leave the beach without
being wet and covered in sand! :)

A beautiful starfish we found on the
beach at low-tide.

Lilie needs to save it!


Satisfied with her life-saving!

I told you, WET, covered with
sand and goosebumps!

What was that I said about a kid in
a candy store??? :) I LOVED the tide pools!

All the tide pools were filled with these beautiful green anemones and lots of orange and purple starfish. Some had an occasional little fish swimming around or some purple sea urchins and this one had the cutest little camoflagued crab - sitting right in the middle of this anemone.

2 comments:

ClancyPants said...

Sounds like you had such a wonderful time. I am lovin' the starfish. And Lilie, the rescuer.

I'm pretty sure you forgot that I don't like to let a post go by without leaving a comment. (Commentorhea) :)

Life for the Pillings said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Vacations are the best! That starfis is really pretty - thanks for sharing!!