Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Okay, here's the scoop!

First off, I must say - Melissa, you've got to give me more credit than that! (I'm referring to her comment on my previous post.) #1 - You are a stinker. #2 - You really think that it would take me a full week to read a book I really liked?! :) LOL! I got the book that day - started that night at about 9:30 and finished the next night at about 4 am! :) You silly thing! It would never take me a full week! :) ------ By the way, I LOVED the book. Most people I've talked to said that it took them a couple of chapters to really get into it, but I loved it from the get-go! I thought it was a fantastic book! I highly recommend it to all - and I don't think that you'll be disappointed. 

So after taking a full day off to read, the reason I haven't been blogging is because I've been playing catch up! :) Just kidding, that's not really true. Mostly I've been trying to get ready for our trip this week. We are leaving tomorrow afternoon to head over to Nels' parents' house in Mountain Home. From there we will be driving Thursday to Portland - staying the night - and then heading over to Yachats, OR - on the coast - where will get to spend 3 days playing with his family! We're really excited! The girls have really been looking forward to playing at the beach. I hope they're not too disappointed because I'm pretty sure it may be rainy and cloudy the entire time that we're there - but regardless, I know it will be fun! 

(Oh, and in reference to Wendie's comment about how good I do at keeping up my blog ---- the biggest reason that I love to blog is so I can feel connected to my family. Don't get me wrong - you FRIENDLY readers, I love you too - but with being far away from my sisters and brothers, it helps me feel like you all are more a part of our lives. :)

5 comments:

Deanna said...

So, THAT's why you weren't home!!! I stopped in because I realized that I left Taylor's blanket at your house when you graciously watched my boys last week...I suppose I'll pick it up when you get home. It's gingham blue and white....I'm pretty sure I left it at your house!

Thanks again! Enjoy your trip!

Amber said...

You crack me up!! I'll call you after we get back from our trip with my family.

lynsey said...

okay i see how it is. friends are poop, family is all that matters when it comes to blogging. point taken. just teasing.

i am hoping to be able to actually get to read this book over the weekend on my long plane trips. glad you liked it! you slow reader.... ;)

renee' said...

I'm glad I found your blog through Melissa's. Now, I can see I need to take some time to read through it. Have fun on your trip and I'm glad I can see your cute family.

Rachel Chick said...

Lynsey! You little stinker! You know what I mean! :)