
What a way to travel! The girls watched movies and played x-box games the entire way home. (By the way, do you SEE what she's playing with!?? A BARBIE!? Hazel??? This is truly an accomplishment! And she's been carrying it around ever since we got home too!)
Nels and I loved this airport sign! This is what happens when you let the native Oregonian hippies hang the street signs! :) LOL! :)On the way home, we stopped in the beautiful city of Hood River for a little break before we pushed on. I just have to say before we get to the pictures, that I AM AMAZING!
First off, I studied maps of Portland before we ever got there and I once there, I didn't get lost once. I drove straight to the zoo. Straight to our hotel. Straight to Levi's house. I didn't get lost once. I didn't need directions. I was VERY proud of myself.
Second. As we were coming up to Hood River, we decided it would be nice to take some time to stretch our legs and let the girls run around for a bit. It would be nice to find a park with a playground. So. We pulled off the exit. Drove into the main part of town. I thought, "Hmm. Where would they put a park?" Took the second right. Drove for a bit. Took a left at the crazy sign above. Drove up a hill. Took a right. AT THE PARK. I'm INCREDIBLE. I pulled into a city that I have never been to and drove STRAIGHT to a park. Complete with a playground. I am truly so impressed with myself.




3 comments:
your trip looks like SO MUCH FUN. i'm with you about the oregon coast...my family used to go to canon beach once a year and it is absolutely my FAVORITE place i have been to in the world so far. even besides hawaii. there is just something so beautiful about it, even if it is always windy and cold. your pictures are all so great...i especially love the new family one on the top! you look fantastic rachel & we just love you guys so much. glad you had a great trip.
love, lynsey
I'm so glad you figured out how amazing you are! We've known it all along... ;)
Your girls are adorable. That airport sign was awesome. I'm glad you had such a nice trip. XBOX... what a good idea! I guess that's the disadvantage of having a Wii. They can't really play Wii Bowl in the car. Hmmmm....
Can I just say...that's where I'm from!!!! You were in my town with the upide down airplane and in my park!! Did you know it was my town when you were there? Probably not, but now you do! I'm so excited! It's the amphitheater I grew up playing in, the park next to the pool and down the street from the chuch...this is awesome! And, must I say, you are AMAZING for randomly passing the hospital where I was born and finding a park with no trouble at all. Ok, I'm reminiscing too much. I'm glad you had a great trip!
Post a Comment