I just wanted to share a little tidbit of advice with anyone who has a habit of doing laundry --- like I do. Stick a load in, and then forget to switch it for 2 days. --- Or perhaps you are a fantastic laundry-woman, but occasionally your hubby decides he needs something washed, sticks a load in, dries it, and sticks another load in the washer --- unbeknownst to you, which then is not discovered until your next laundry day . . . Oh wait, that's STILL like me! Hmmm . . . Well, maybe you are the kind that religiously does ALL her laundry on Tuesday and Thursday - it all gets washed, folded, and put away - all in a 30 minute time period. :) There now maybe you are that person, your hubby NEVER does the laundry, and one day - during that 30 minute time frame --- your CAR BLOWS UP and you (for the first time ever) forget about the load in the washing machine. Okay - so now that this can apply to everyone - I'll give you the tip. :)

My mom told me that the only way she has found to get the mildew-y smell out of clothes (this is also helpful for things like dishrags) is to put a little bit of Pine-sol in the load. I've tried this - you only need a capful or two - and it works WONDERS!
I just wanted to share. I know this is a problem for me occasionally. And this little tidbit has been very helpful!
11 comments:
THat's so funny - I can totally relate!!! i'm gonna have to try the pinesol trick! THanks
That is really funny you mentioned that. I did that the other day. I put a load in thinking I have plenty of time left in the day that I will put it in the dryer. I started getting busy and I forgot about it. I finally but it in the dryer the next day. But I am so glad to know about the pinesol trick. I will try it. That is funny you bloged about that. I forget about my laundry all the time. I have wondered if I am the only one. So I am glad that I am not.
Add this to the list of things you do great! Good wife, mom, bread maker, animal saver, and tip giver to boot!
Nice! I have also found that white vinegar will do the trick as well. If you're out of pine-sol. Do the clothes smell like pine-sol when you're done? The smell of that stuff makes me gag... but a good dryer sheet ought to do the trick?
Thanks for the tip! My bad laundry habit is leaving the last load sitting in the dryer all week. I can't seem to make it! I've also did the white vinegar and it works great for yucky dishrags!
Awesome about the vinegar! Will have to try it! --- The clothes DON'T smell like pinesol afterward - but I wouldn't use it, Clancy, if it makes you gag! :D Funny - I LOVE the smell!
you are an answer to our prayers and fasting. let's just say that einstein & fantasia have a nasty & funky stench that we have been doing our best to go away but nothing seems to do the trick. rachel chick & pine sol to the rescue!
Awesome. Looks like we'll be buying PineSol next pay day.
This is soooooooo funny! I have to say thanks for the tip but I hope I NEVER have to use it! There are certain things (and I thinkw ecna all relate) that our mother never did (OR DID) that bugged us so much that we swore when we "grew up" we weren't going to be like that! ONE of those things is laundry! My mom obviously had "your problem!" Haha and would forget about laundry in the wash machine and let it get mildewy and then she's forget about it in the dryer and let it get wrinkly AND if it made it out of the dryer it NEVER made it out of the luandry basket folded. They would all just get wrinkled in the basket! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! I HATE wrinkly laundry so I took it upon myself as a teenager to do pretty much ALL of the laundry in our home and I still don't mind laundry- actually I'm "one of those" who HAS to do it every couple of days whenever I have a full load to put in. I HAVE to wash my towels and bedding one day a week and OF COURSE everything gets neatly folded and put away IMMEDIATELY!!! We all have our quirks!! This one made me laugh!!!
Well Hannah! :) Maybe you will be "one of those" whose car explodes some day! :) ha ha! I swear - you will use this one day! :) ha ha ha! :)
I need that little tip desperately. I always us white vinegar but sometimes it just isn't strong enough =). Yes, I am THAT bad!!
Post a Comment