Monday, June 23, 2008

Five K

Okay, in reference to my previous post on wanting to work out - my lovely sister emailed me this link and asked me if I wanted to train with her (virtually, of course) to run a 5K at our annual family reunion coming up in August.

I am TOTALLY going to do it and I just thought that I'd post the link, for anyone else interested in a great little regiment to get in shape. OF COURSE, this is easier if you can find yourself a buddy, but at the same time, having something that you're working toward can make it a lot easier, even if you only do it yourself! :)


P.S. to Deanna - Are you interested in doing THIS with me?

6 comments:

ClancyPants said...

I'm interested! I'm not Deanna, but I wanna play.

I've been wanting to run a 5K. Don't know why, but I have.

So... let's get our butts off the couch (or the computer chair, as the case may be) together!

:)

Call me...

Rachel Chick said...

I would totally love for you to do this with me Clancy! I think I'm going to start tomorrow or the next day. Are you up for it!?

Sara Newton said...

I'm totally in! I've been wanting to run a 5k since Grace was born and have just started running again (as you may have read). I ran tonight! I'm so pumped! Let me know how you're doing (and do I get to run in a race too??? I want to!!)

ClancyPants said...

sorry just checked this.
I'm up for it! I am leaving town though on thursday and I'll be back tues. So call me!

Deanna said...

Oh, Rachel, I'm so glad Clancy wants to be your running partner, because I'm sorry to inform you that I'm a swimmer, not a runner. I hate running with a passion!!! :( I don't mind brisklky walking, but running is totally out of my ball park!!!!! Really though, I wish you the best of luck! Do you train with your kids? like in a stroller? Maybe I should run, but then I'd really slow you down. I'm still up for walking though, if you want a double workout!!

Anonymous said...

This running program really works. I just completed week 6 yesterday. Sure it has kicked my butt every step of the way, but I had never ran before in my life and now I am up to 2.5 miles! Good luck, you can do.