Elsie has been trying to live in her swimsuit this summer. Most of the time I oblige, but sometimes it needs washed, you know? When she's not wearing her swimsuit she's wearing her Princess dress. But what happens when both are dirty?? Or if I just decide that she needs to wear normal clothes for once??
This morning, I woke up to see her in her suit. I told her she needed to change - which didn't happen until about an hour ago when I saw her running through the house naked. I have a standing rule that I get to spat any bare bums that I see. :) She ran to her room and spent the next fifteen minutes not getting dressed. I finally helped her and put a cute little non-Princess dress on her and she happily took off to play with the "stisters."
Just now I found her naked again, trying to steal her swim suit out of the dirty clothes basket. I took it away, again explained that it's dirty, and fought her back into her clothes. With her screaming the whole time.
She walks off, then comes back trying to get it again. I get up to stop her again and she says, "Go play on your computer." Wow. Do you think my two-year-old knows that she can get away with anything while I blog??
As I man-handle her back into her clothes again:
"Go in your room and lock your door."
"Go to sleep."
"I don't like you."
"I'm locking your door and I won't let you go."
"You're a Meanie."
I laughed and picked her up and put her on my lap as I write this, so that I can keep her from getting into the dirty clothes again. :)
As she's sitting here, on my lap, yelling, she says, "You don't have a heart, Mom!" LOL!
Hello. I'm Rachel Chick. I'm a mean mom and I don't have a heart. I have also - obviously - been spending too much time lately dinking around on my computer. I will now go do my laundry and be a mother to my children. This will be the last post written during daylight hours for quite some time.
11 comments:
Oh Rachel Chick...You are such a sweet lady. :) My 2 year old called me a "dummy" last night. And I have yet to find out who taught her that word because we nevr call people names in our house (mostly because we only have one child who has no siblings to teach her that...)
that is way too funny. :)
Jenna is sure that anything online is "the blog"...email, internet browsing, even downloading pics. :)
Ouch.
Hoping you can wrestle those dirty clothes away at least long enough to clean them-- we have those issues here too!!
You are a fabulous mother...and your girls are so lucky you DO have a heart. :) Because here, just today, I sent my kids BACK to their room after doing something trivial, so I could finish loading pictures from my camera...
However, I think I might need to take a lesson from you and stop playing on my computer and be a mother...now that they're asleep, that shouldn't be too hard, right? :)
Love ya! And your silly girls. :)
My six year old will come up with "blog post" ideas. She'll say "hey you should take a picture of me doing _______ and say ______about me on the blog. Ha ha ha! I love it how blogging is in her six year old vocabulary.
I tried to comment on your teeter-totter post..but there wasn't the option.
I want to give you a big hug. :) You are one of the most inspiring woman I know. I want to be just like you...because I think you're absolutely wonderful! Please don't be so hard on yourself...on the other hand, kick some fanny if you need to. LOL!
keep your chin up, friend! And I hope you had a fabulous day!!!
Rachel, I finally got you added to my list...finally! Thank you for being you. You are so thoughtful and kind and I think all of us at one time or another struggle with our tasks of being a mom, a wife, a friend, and a housekeeper! You should see my house right now...a week of girls camp, Troy's Bora trip, and two little boys who had a zillion clothes for their week-long get-a-way! Yikes! However, you should not be so hard on yourself. I have struggle with this so many times. And the unfinished project thing...you should totally see my craft cupboards!!!! Even scarrier than the messy house! You are wonderful, remember that! Oh, and I am sooo jealous of your trip to Montana! That looks so fun and amazing!
the kids were out playing the other day and Colleen came in and said, "I knew it." She was referring to the fact that she knew she would find me at the computer checking blogs. I do spend too much time on the computer. It zaps the hours away before you know it! I need to be a better mom and not turn the computer on.
I tried commenting on the teeter-totter post too. Thank you for putting into words how I have felt for the last 4-5 months!!! This last baby has rocked my world. She's a fairly good baby, but the hormones, the body changes, the overtiredness, the loss of self, the hardworking husband, the doing everything with one hand--it all eventually takes its toll. No advice to give right now, just wanted to let you know you're not alone--and poor Julian can vouch for that.
OH! And we also have that neighbor...and she has an older brother. My kids lose all sense of good judgment when they're together. Drives me crazy!
Rachel
Hey this is Mila from highschool. I love reading our blog. I feel the way you do sometimes too. I think it is in every woman. It seems like you are very blessed.
LOL! I Love that little Elsie girl and her mama! What a fun post! And a great reminder. I love your tetter-totter post. So awesome. You said it beautifully!
Post a Comment