1. I have fabulous friends. People who check up on me when I write nothing but depressing, manic blog posts and facebook statuses, don't answer the phone, and generally drop off the planet. People who understand (or pretend to understand :) my weirdness. People who pull me back to Earth and ground me. Thank you, all you sweet, sweet people. I love you so much and I'm so thankful.
2. It's Friday. It's the day that Nels is supposed to finish up this MONSTER that he's been babying for the past month and a half. Thank the Lord. It's Friday.
3. I was feeling nice tonight and decided to pull a Mary Poppins. "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." The house was really a disaster. I decided to "excite" the girls into helping me pick it up even though is was 9:30. Think of how fast this could get done if I had two little runners to put all the random toys, books, laundry, brushes, garbage, etc. away!! Amazing. We cleaned the living room, bathroom, family room, and their bedroom in record time. Hallelujah! It's was my greatest wish. Christmas wish! (For Lynsey)
4. I got my dead bush dug up this week and a new one put in its place. Hooray. My front yard doesn't look quite so sad anymore. Spent quite a lot of time outside cleaning up the yard this week. I'm not feeling quite so sad anymore either. Nice.
5. I love my babies. I do. They are so wonderful and I love being a mom. I love those sweet little ladies and each of their unique personalities. I have a new theory about maybe why family relationships can be so difficult sometimes. Don't get me wrong! I have wonderful relationships with each of my family members, but sometimes things are just difficult. As parent and child, particularly, sometimes we have a hard time seeing eye to eye. Getting the relationship to flow as seamlessly as I'd like it to. I have a theory on why I think this might be. I'll share it sometime with you when I'm not writing a post where it will be listed as #5. It's going to take more explaining than probably "#5" allows. --- Maybe next week.
6. My hormones are hopefully settling. Feeling much more human. It's lovely. (What did I tell ya? "Give it a week and I'll probably be fine again?" Yep.)
3 comments:
Glad that you are "feeling better!" You are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for being so real! We totally need to get together again soon!
I echo exactly what Alisha posted. :) love you tons!!! You inspire me. :)
Sounds lovely. I too feel like my crazy hormones are settling. They have been on a bit of a roller coaster ride for the past 3 days. So annoying! Love you.
Post a Comment