Nels has worked overtime every night for the past three weeks. He did decide to not work the last two weekends, which is kind of new during these kind of "crunch times", but he has been working his brains out.
I figure that of the past 64 hours he has worked 47 of them. That's just since Wednesday --- it's currently 1:00 in the morning and I don't expect to see him for at least another 12 hours.
What an incredible man. I love him.
There was a time in our lives when he would be trying to work on a paper or project for school or some such and I'd go sit on his lap and distract him and try to get him to be irresponsible. Forget about what needed to be done and spend time with ME! :) I seriously could hardly help myself. Boy did I love to distract him. Such POWER!!! LOL. I loved it.
The past eight years have changed me.
To say the least.
I miss him, but I have learned that his loving me and our girls is demonstrated in his dedication. NOT that he wouldn't MUCH rather be at home with us, but he works so hard because he loves us. I'm so thankful to be married to a real man.
I've learned that I can keep the house clean, even if Nels isn't going to be home to see it. I've learned that I can put all four kids to bed, all by myself - even on time. I can make dinner, even if he's not going to be home to eat it. I can bathe children, mow the lawn, shop, travel, watch movies, go out to eat . . . all as a single parent. I can even do it happily. If I choose.
I hope and pray every day that this phase of our lives will move on, but I also hope that we can always find happiness and joy in even the difficult ones.
But tonight? I'm tired. I don't like going to sleep alone - for the third night in a row. And I know that my Nels is tired too. I know that his work computer doesn't hold a candle to snuggling up with ME. ;)
I've grown up a lot. We both have. We are both willing to do what needs to be done, even happily. I'm thankful for his job. I'm thankful that I get to stay home with our girls.
But tonight I miss my husband. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. For both of us, I'm sure.
4 comments:
I have always been impressed with Nels. He is great! You guys are great! The time that Jocelyn and I have been with your family has always been enjoyable. Thanks!
I heard that Ben and Kelly are coming up. That should be great!
Have a wonderful weekend!
We love you guys!
Love Garret and Jocelyn
You are an inspiration to me! Seriously! thanks for your awesome post.
You rock this thing called life. Way to take control, baby.
You make all of us want Nels to come home to YOU! HE needs YOU and YOU need HIM, that's the way it is suppose to be. But, I'm glad you can find happiness in the difficult times.
Post a Comment