Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday's Fabulous Five

It's been a while, but this is a good exercise for me.

1. My tomatoes are still alive! It's a flippin' miracle. Seriously. I think I prayed them to life. "Cry unto him over the crops of your fields . . . " Yeah. It was so cool and rainy and cloudy. My tomatoes were looking so sickly. But I prayed that they would live and THEY DID! They actually look like they are doing really well. I'm so happy about it. (Unlike my beans which have many of the tops nipped off of them from some horrible pest that I'm sure will . . . oh fine. I won't condemn whatever ate them, but I hope they got a bad stomach ache --- or died.)


2. My hollyhocks are about to bloom. I'm so excited. They're tall and lovely and right outside my bedroom window.


I'll post a picture once they come out. 
They're one of my very, very favorite flowers!


3. Nels' parents came and stayed with us last night as they were driving through town. I love them so much and always love having them come visit. My mother-in-law is truly one of the happiest, funnest (I know, not a word) people that I know. She is so willing to laugh and play with the kids. She doesn't take life too seriously and never minds if my house is a mess. :) My father-in-law is so wonderful and teaches me a lot by the gentle and quiet way that he goes about life. They are truly two of my favorite people on the whole planet. I'm pretty sure that they like me too. That means a lot to me. :)


We also got to see another set of some of our favorite people today. Mike and Hayley Siddoway, along with their two adorable children Paige and Reid. I honestly wish that I could hang out with Mike and Hayley every single day. I love them so much. Mike was Nels's roommate in college and he married one of the greatest gals ever. Do you have some people that when you're with them, all feels right in the world? I feel that way (and I know that Nels would agree) with these two wonderful friends. They are soon moving to CHINA! and then to the Middle East for a few years. We'll miss them, but we're so excited for them as well. Good luck guys! We love you!


4. We get to celebrate the birth of our nation this weekend and our wonderful liberty. I'm so thankful to be an American. I'm so thankful for the sacrifices and integrity of many who have given me this great gift. I hope that we can all do whatever is required of us to preserve the Constitution and the beautiful freedoms so graciously bestowed upon us by a loving Heavenly Father. I hope that I have a chance to sing a few of my favorite songs. I always get choked up singing our Anthem and about my love for our precious country, but I love it nonetheless.


5. My house has remained in a state of "almost clean" for two full days now. It's another miracle in my life. I don't think this has happened since Violet was born. Ah. Happy day. Hopefully over the next few weeks, we've finally reached a place where we can start having a bit more of a schedule again. You know, like where laundry gets done and floors get vacuumed - maybe even MOPPED! *gasp* These are important parts of my self-esteem, believe it or not.

3 comments:

The Ricks Family said...

I hope you do a post about how much you love me when I come :-) I am getting excited!

lynsey said...

WHAT?? the siddoways in china?? ben is going to be green with envy! those guys are so great & i'm glad you were able to spend time with them!

i just love reading what you write, i can almost hear you speaking your words & it makes me miss you!

Amber said...

Sadly having a clean house is part of my self-esteem too. And I think I need to do a lot more praying for my garden =). Love you.