Monday, July 5, 2010

My Vi

I SO love this child. She brings happiness and joy to me every single day and I'm so thankful that she came down to be a part of our family nearly four months ago.

A few little tidbits about my Violet Chickadee Chick:


I don't know exactly, but I believe she now weighs about 14 pounds!!! This is amazing to me. None of my other girls have been over 18 lbs. at a year, so I'm really impressed with my little chubby-chub. She's such a good little eater and it makes me so happy to know that I can feed her and she's thriving.


She's by far my smiliest baby. The others were happy and easy-going as well, but when this girl smiles, it comes clear from her toes. She has inherited her mama's huge mouth and huge grin. Interestingly enough, she doesn't really laugh yet. We've gotten maybe one real belly laugh from her, but she smiles all the time.


She's a talker. More vocal than my others. She loves to sit and goo and goo and goo at you. She looks you right in the eyes and tells you all about what's on her mind. :) It's adorable. She'd be happy if I just sat and held her and talked to her all day long. She makes the sweetest little gurgly, spitty coos.


Violet is also more clingy than my others have been. Especially to her mommy. The other day, at the park, she was laying on her tummy, facing away from me. She could hear me, but could only see my friends I was talking with and the kids playing. All of a sudden, she just started wailing. At the top of her lungs as if she was just frightened to death. I picked her up and she hup-hupped for just a second and then just stopped as if all was now right in the world because she could see my face once again. :) She did the same thing to her Grandma the other night when she was holding her. Twice. She starts wailing and shaking until I take her and talk to her and then all is fine once more. Silly child. I really hope that she always loves her mommy, but also decides that others are nice too, you know? I somehow worry that this may get worse before it gets better . . . LOL.


She's been rolling over occasionally for a while now. Usually in her crib if she gets upset. (Don't tell our Pediatrician, but I put all my kiddos to sleep on their tummies. They sleep much better and therefore, so do I.) Every once in a while, particularly if she'd been crying or awake for a while, I'd go in to find her up in the top corner of her crib, on her back. But Thursday she started rolling all over the place. I set her on the floor next to me while I check my email and the next thing I know, she's 10 feet away, looking at me as if she can't quite figure out what happened. :) No more setting her on the bed! :)


She is an awesome sleeper. She often sleeps a good 12 hours at night without waking up at all. And when she doesn't do that, she'll only wake up once at about 5, eat, and go right back to sleep until anywhere between 8 and 10. She's a heavenly child, I know.


I love her. WE love her.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

She is one of the happiest and smiliest babies I know!!!

That was pretty funny at the park...

Such a cutie!

Alisha said...

Such a cutie!!! That would be pretty funny to see..Violet totally freaking out and then being cool because of her mom's face is now in view!

Life for the Pillings said...

She is such a cutie! I am excited to see her again this weekend! I am still amazed at how much she looks like her Grandma Chick! They are so related! Cute cute!

Amber said...

Oh, she sounds a bit like me. Sweet. What a cutie. I love her chubs!

The Ricks Family said...

If shes your most vocal, I think you are in trouble :-) I'm sooo excited to see you!!