Friday, July 23, 2010

Moons in Montana - Part 3

For days following our hike, I walked like a cripple. :) SO SORE! But my brother-in-law, Chris, was awesome enough to help limber me up each day. :)

Thursday morning was lovely and we headed down to the lake, bright and early. First order of business: Tubing. The boat was able to pull two enormous tubes behind it, so one tube filled up with my oldest niece and nephews and Genny and I jumped on "Big Mabel". I want everyone to know, here and now, that I HATE Big Mabel! What a terrible tube for anyone over the age of 17! My body was not made to endure such torture. -- Although I will say, after our ride, my muscles were much less tight. :)

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I'll just let this one tell the story of the first tubing expedition of the day.

Me, Genny, Eli, Nate, Liza

Let's just say that the ride on the "inside" seat was a bit rougher than the outside (although both are terrible!). This was toward the end, right after I'd convinced Genny to switch me places. After this little spill I didn't hear any more "You're such a wimp, Rachel! :) Why can't you stay on??" :)

The next two days were spent 

Wake Surfing



Nels loved wake surfing and did awesome.

My first time out, I honestly couldn't figure out where the fun in this particular water sport was supposed to be. However, after some analyzation and sleeping on it, I finally got the hang of it and had a good time. Although, I think I need to do quite a few more squats and lunges before I get full enjoyment out of it. :)

Chris is an amazing wake surfer, and is good enough to get up and going with a child around his neck! Once up, he lowers said child down to stand on the board with him and (holding onto his legs) they also get to enjoy the ride. Lilie loved doing this and when I get the pictures from whoever has them, I'll have to add them.

TUBING,

Lilie LOVED riding the tube!
Love her face in this picture.

I also love the sequence of these next pictures! :)
Nels, Cade, and Ben --- Going UP . . . 
(Nels displays the perfect form for take off!)

 . . . and UP . . . 

 . . . coming down . . .

. . . and down . . .
(we can finally see Eli on the back! :)

Where'd they go, Cade? LOL!


Turtle Hunting,

Echo Lake has lots of turtles and we were able to catch several to inspect and then let go.

and U-Boarding.
(I'll have to add more pictures later, when I get them from various family members. -- But that might take a while and I don't want to forget to finish posting about our vacation.)

Both Hazel and Lilie were brave enough to try out the U-board. Lilie was rarin' to go from the moment she saw her cousins do it, but I was afraid Hazel would need some coaxing. However, when I told her it was her turn, she jumped right on and had a wonderful time. I was so proud of them both!


We had such a wonderful week. It's weird to think that a whole WEEK seemed too short, but it did. I think I could have stayed there all summer! :) Thank you Melissa and Chris! It was awesome!

3 comments:

Amber said...

LOL!!! Those pictures are hilarious!

Deanna said...

Wow!!! Those pictures!!! THey're great!!! You guys had some SERIOUS air!!!

The Moore Family: said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun - and the pictures are sooo funny! I laughed so hard when I saw the tube picture! And Nels looks pretty awesome in the 'rockin' surfin' picture! :)