What a glorious day. I would be okay if the Fourth of July always fell on a Sunday. It's such a wonderful blessing - and a beautiful reminder - to thank our Heavenly Father for the freedoms we enjoy.
I am so thankful for this country. Even with its flaws, it's so truly incredible. A blessing to each American that we often take for granted. I believe with all of my heart that our Founding Fathers were men inspired by God. Men with the integrity to do the hard thing, to rebel against a country that they loved with their whole hearts, to sacrifice all at the alter of freedom. Freedom for anyone who desired it. For anyone who would work for it. I know that the Constitution is an inspired document. I pray that we can each do our part in preserving it.
I am thankful that my children and I have been born at this time. This is a world full of wickedness and filth, but at the same time, infused with amazing goodness and incredible truth and light. I know that as we stay close to our Father in Heaven, we will be able to stand firm and true in whatever is required of us.
On this day when we celebrate our freedom, I can't help but feel overwhelming gratitude for my Savior. For the FREEDOM that the Atonement and the Gospel bring to me personally.
I know there are many in this world that feel that religion, and the Gospel in particular, are very restrictive. That it limits our choices and freedom. LOL! What an incredible misperception. I don't HAVE to follow the commandments. Nobody watches over my every move controlling my life. I have the agency to do anything I so choose. I CHOOSE to live the gospel. I CHOOSE to follow the commandments. Every person on this Earth will make choices every single day. These are the ones I choose. When I obey I am blessed. I know that by following the counsel given to us by a loving Father, I will always find JOY.
Obedience to God's commandments doesn't guarantee a life free from heartache or sorrow, but the Gospel offers me peace and joy despite any sadness I may encounter.
The Atonement of Jesus Christ provides the ultimate freedom for each of us. Freedom from sin, from sadness, from pain, from loneliness, from despair . . . . For any and all that will choose to receive it. He blesses me liberally for my efforts, my accomplishments, and my desires. I love Him for it, with all of my heart.
I'm so thankful today for the freedom I enjoy. The liberty and agency I'm given to become who I choose to become through the choices I make each day. I love this country and I love my Savior.
2 comments:
okay what is up with our brains being in sync? we are so AWESOME that's what it is!
yesterday in church we had quite a few folks get up & bare their testimonies about patriotism & deliver the looooong stories that really don't have to do much with the church or their feelings on it.
but then one of the missionaries got up & reigned us back in. he said something awesome that reminded me of what you had written. that none of this freedom we are thankful for would be possible without our savior. NONE of it! i love that he said that, for the rest of us to remember what it really is all about.
and that's what i love about you too, rach! your sweet testimony that integrates jesus christ and living in our free country is so wonderful to read. thank you for sharing & yet again inspiring me!
Awesome! Beautifully put my dear cousin!
Post a Comment