Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Swimming in the Dirt

For Mother's Day Nels rototilled our garden. This poor garden had been neglected for at least 8 years and was over grown with weeds, grass, and yard crud. We spent Saturday & Monday getting it all ready to be planted and the girls and I have now finished (mostly)! We are so excited to finally have a garden!!!

Monday gardening was "Family Home Evening". --- I'm sure this will be the first of many nights spent as a family in the garden. Nels did such a wonderful job talking to the girls about our garden and the FIRST garden. Talking about Adam and Eve. It was a wonderful little lesson as we slaved away. The funniest part was trying to keep the girls from walking across the newly mounded rows (that's funny???) and Nels telling the girls about how when Adam and Eve disobeyed, they were thrown out of the garden. At about that time (for the millionth time) the girls walked down another row and "got locked out of the garden" for disobeying. Good object lesson, no?



Saturday was a glorious day and the girls, of course, needed to play in the sprinkler. --- Hence the swimsuits and the dirt-digging. :)

Beautiful, cheesy girl!!! So happy on the swing set!

Pledging allegiance to her mother!! :)

This past weekend has been yet another affirmation of the fact that Elsie is the most wonderful baby ever born! :) While we cleaned the garden, she sat in this little swing for AT LEAST 2 hours! She then took a nap and came back out later, sitting in her exersaucer for another hour or so. She would just sit there, happy, watching --- occasionally one of the girls would push the swing for her --- and every time someone would turn in her direction, she'd just smile from ear to ear and laugh. We love her so much!!! She is so happy and so sweet! She loves to laugh and play! She's so fun!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I think the object lesson is perfect =). I am glad that Hazel repented and pledged allegaince to you. Ha! Ha!

Life for the Pillings said...

Your garden looks great! I agree it is the perfect object lesson. I'm glad that you have one mellow easy going baby - you deserve it. Elsie is a sweetie!

ClancyPants said...

I am so jealous of little Elsie! I always wanted a baby that would be content to swing and watch and I haven't gotten one yet...

Nice garden! That's a good feeling, no?

Cute little girls in their swimming suits!