Monday, May 12, 2008

A Day with Five Little Monkeys

My sister, Melissa, had a new little baby this past week! We are SO excited to have little Alaina here! While she was in the hospital, her two older girls stayed with Grandma & Grandpa. The girls and I decided that Grandma's house wasn't busy enough and headed down to Utah to add to the craziness! :)

FIVE little girls at Grandma and Grandpa's house! The zoo was a natural choice of entertainment!

The MONKEY house.

The elephants were FANTASTIC! Did you know that
elephants can paint pictures and kick balls!?
They are SO fun to watch!
I think the elephants are my new
favorite animal at the zoo!

Maddie did NOT like these big,
stinky "ammals"! All big things she
didn't like were "Ammals". :)
(Rhinos, bears, monkeys . . . )

Hazel, Karlie, Lilie

Elsie, on the other hand, LOVED the elephants!

Mama and baby orangutan in the background.

BIG kitty!
Elsie loves our cat, Gertie, and thought
this BIG kitty was very entertaining!

Five sweet little girls!
(Lilie, Hazel & Elsie, Madilyn, and Karlie)

It was a rainy day to begin with, but before we came,
it cleared up! Throughout the day, it got progressively
stormier and started to rain quite hard
while we were in the big "Bird House",
on the FAR end of the zoo!
On the walk back the girls loved being duckies
in the puddles and catching the raindrops!

What a wonderful day! If any of you have never visited the Hogle Zoo, I HIGHLY recommend it!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

How fun! What fun pictures!

Alisha said...

What zoo did you go to? Anthony and I taking the boys to the Hogle in July and they are so excited! The zoo is so fun! Not only for the kids but for adults too!

Perry's said...

We are so excited to go to the zoo. We are going to go when we get back from Aruba. Hannah loves animals. she will have a blast at the zoo. your girls are so cute.

Sara Newton said...

I love how all of your experiences turn into little adventures! The zoo is a great place!

ClancyPants said...

Awesome... love Hogle Zoo. Did you know if you buy a season pass to the zoo up here where we live you can get in to the Hogle zoo for free? They are reciprocal zoos... last I checked the zoo season pass for here was only $50. That's pretty cheap for Hogle included!

Amber said...

I love Hazel's hair it so so cute!! I am so happy for you that you could go be with your mom and your five little monkeys at the zoo. Did any of them fall off and break their head? or get eaten by an alligator? Ha! Ha! It is getting late and I need to go to sleep =).