Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My YOUTH is GONE!

"The old, gray mare, 
she ain't what she used to be!"

Gone are the last remains of my youth. This is a sad day. (((sigh)))

This morning as I was getting ready, my hair was parted funny and I saw a lone "very light" colored hair sitting on top my head. I smiled. I've found maybe 2 grey/white hairs in the past 3 years or so. Not unusual. So . . . of course I pull it out. Then I think, "I wonder if there are anymore." So I look through my hair. . . (((sigh)))

I haven't noticed, because my hair is blonde (albeit DARKENED considerably since childhood and even high school) and I put highlights through my hair this winter. There are . . . too many to count . . . especially at the sides of my face. This was quite shocking to go from ONE to HUNDREDS within minutes!!! 

My one consolation?? I am not alone. I know that at least Melissa (sister) and Ben (brother) have the same problem - and probably worse! :) :) Actually . . . typing that makes me feel A LOT better!! :)  . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .. But I'm still starting to go gray! There it is. There's that despair again.

(((SIGH))) THE OLD GRAY MARE, SHE AIN'T WHAT SHE USED TO BE!


6 comments:

ClancyPants said...

You are funny... I would have never known if you hadn't said so! I'm sorry the grey/white is on it's way... but know this- With age (or gray/white hairs!) comes wisdom! ;)

Ya... I'd have to agree. You ain't what you used to be... YOU'RE MORE!!!! :) Don't despair. You are beautiful and only 26! I'm going to be 30 soon... and I'll alway be 4 years older than you! (ok, 3 1/2!) So, cheer up and make it a great day!

Kelly said...

It's alright Rach, I have a white eyebrow hair!

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear your despair. but you know, grey, white, brown, blonde, highlighted, whatever color your hair is, you'll still always be beautiful, Rachel.

(I know that may sound cheesy, but it's the truth. And I'm sure I'm not the only one to think so.) So, smile. Fake it if you have to, you day will get better. . .

Amber said...

You make me laugh so hard!! I can just imagine you in the "depths of dispare" this morning and then thinking well what can I do about it? Nothing. So, I'll laugh at myself and blog about it telling the whole world and then I will feel much better because everyone will be laughing with me.
All I have to say is, Rachel you so totally ROCK!!! Love you!

Sara Newton said...

You know, I hear that if you pull out one grey hair you get 100 more...maybe that's what happend! It's all right, my mom went grey in the 7th grade. Embrace the constancy of change! You're great!

We all still love you despite the fact that you're getting older like the rest of us!

Life for the Pillings said...

Alright - I'm GLAD that you feel in the depths of despair!! :0) I don't have more gray hair then you! Ben - yes. I haven't seen him for a while, but I know he has more. Me - NO. So don't go feeling to good thinking that I have more then you! I can hardley even see any latley! :0)