Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Just for the Record

I know that I'm going to get comments asking what I did last night with my free time. Just for the record, I want you to know that I did the most fabulous thing . . . 3 more loads of laundry! ;) Can you even believe I had that much???? Holy smokes!!! Between yesterday and this morning, I've washed, FOLDED, and PUT AWAY 10 (TEN) loads of laundry! What the heck were we wearing???

And the other day when the girls were all taking a nap, many of you asked what kind of fun I had, well, here it is - I cleaned my fish tanks. Amazing, huh? I've morphed into a crazy person (ie - my mother). I have free time on my hands and what do I do, jump for joy and then start cleaning again. I'm insane. But at the same time, when you've got three children, it IS kind of a break to clean undisturbed. Weird.

6 comments:

Sara Newton said...

I know a little of the feeling you have! Whenever Grace is asleep, I am almost always cleaning or doing laundry...and she doesn't do much! But somehow the house always becomes a mess again! Go Rachel! :) You really have turned into a mom!

Kendall said...

I know how you feel about cleaning undisturbed. I put my girls in the bath tub last night thinking maybe I will be able to get the kitchen and bathroom floor clean. Well, I ended up doing a lot more cleaning then that. My girls found some cups and were dumping water out side of the bath tub. When I went in to check on them there was water all over the bathroom floor. I ended up washing another load of towels. You can never get a break. I guess at least it wasn't mud. I feel sorry for you.

Deanna said...

I, too, love cleaning undisturbed...just so I have a second or two to look at it all clean!!! I think that's why my house is such a disaster - becasue I don't clean unless it's undistrubed. i dream of someday, having the whole day to clean the whole house - right now it's just one room, or one corner or worse, one THING at a time!!! Way to get the laundry done! I-N-V-U!

Lisa said...

Rachel, you are so funny. As I read from this blog to the previous, then the previous, reading your cleaning struggles backwards, I couldn't help but chuckle.

I totally understand. And yes, YEA! It is a happy day when the house is clean! Remember it's the small moments that make a difference. Good job!
Now I wonder, should I finish MY laundry, or wait and finish it later? lol

Amber said...

You are a nut!!! But I have to admit I have morphed into a crazy person too and clean, do laundry, paint, or paint or paint...when my kids are asleep. Someday we will have endless time with no interuptions and when that moment comes we will miss it. We will miss those cute screamy voices demanding that they need something NOW or they are going to die, the messy floors, the little handprints on the windows etc. etc. etc.
You can tell I am feeling pretty sappy tonight. Probably because it was a hard day and I got really mad and then I had to go work outside planting my flowers and herbs until all the anger was gone. And now that they are in bed I feel pretty raunchy about how grouchy I was to them. (((SIGH)))
But tomorrow is another day with no mistakes in it. So, I hope to be and feel a lot better in the morning.
Sorry for such a LONG comment. Maybe I should just write a blog about today instead of trying to comment one. What did you say that was commentoreah??? =) Whatever it is I've got it bad!

ClancyPants said...

Nice. I've had 10 loader days. The clothing situation is getting pretty bad when we get that much laundry. I am not surprised that you did more laundry. Once you've gotten 7 loads done it's hard to stop until it's ALL done! I know the feeling. When I do a serious laundry day that's how I am... it's like I can't stop.