Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm never cleaning my house AGAIN

Seriously, I don't know why I even bother. Since i woke up this morning I've been cleaning --- kind of sad that there is that much cleaning to do . . . but hey. Anyway, I've vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom, swept the floor, dusted, dressed the children in clean clothes, and put Elsie down for a nap. In a matter of 3 minutes - all undone. At least that's what it feels like. I come downstairs to clean up the laundry room, put another load in, and put some music on my ipod. The big girls are outside playing. They run in the house, slam the door, start screaming at the top of their lungs, and go in the bathroom. I can hear Elsie start crying. I go upstair to quiet them down. There is mud smeared across the entire kitchen floor and into the bathroom. On the toilet, on the floor, ALL over the sink and faucet, ALL over their clothes. I stick them back outside. Rock Elsie back to sleep. Lock the back door. Come downstairs to finish taking care of the laundry. Girls come in through the front door this time, into to kitchen, get into the buns covered with cornmeal and proceed to eat them all over the living room (chair and couches included), all down the hall, all around the kitchen and up to the countertop. 

Vacuuming, sweeping - wasted. Clean bathroom - now covered in mud. Clean clothes - covered in mud. Elsie's "nice long nap" - now over after an HOUR. Happy mom - gone. (((SIGH)))

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

DARN IT!! What a bummer! I hate it when a day's work gets trashed so fast. Not fair--no fun...

Would be right over to help if I were still there...

Hope the thought at least counts...

Amber said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so extremely SORRY! What little stinkers =). I hope the day improves for you. Maybe I will call you. That should make your day fabulous!

Life for the Pillings said...

I feel your pain! I had a day almost exactly like that - well sort of - messy house, crazy children who don't listen, nursing a newborn constantly and my little 1 year old who thinks that she needs to get into everything - especially while I'm feeding Alaina! I gave up on cleaning the house and went outside to plant flowers. My flower bed are looking better - the house - that's another story! I'll have to post about it all later - We definatley both have three little girls four and under - all I can say is that today - I understand completley!