Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Beatings!

Every Sunday we TRY to get ready early enough to walk to church. This Sunday, we were acutally doing AWESOME until I remembered that I needed to be to choir practice 40 MINUTES early! So I was rushing around and decided I'd just have to drive and Nels could walk with the girls. This is the conversation Nels had with Hazel and Lilie in the living room while trying to get their shoes on them.

Hazel: "Is mom going to walk with us?"

Nels: "No, Mom's got to get there early, so she's going to drive."

Hazel: "Are we going to beat Mom?"

Nels: "No, Mom's going to beat us."

Hazel to Lilie: "Lilie! We're going to beat Mom and Mom's going to beat us, and we're going to beat each other!"

LOL! I can't even write this now without laughing my head off! I guess my kids know a lot about beatings! :) LOL!

3 comments:

ClancyPants said...

LOL! I laughed hard too. That is the cutest story. Thanks for sharing.

Amber said...

Ha! Ha! my kids say the same kinds of things. "Dad beated me." After they played a game. So funny!

Sara Newton said...

oh, Bill Cosby! "there is going to be a beating tonight!" So many lines are running through my head right now! This is such a funny story!