Sunday, November 7, 2010

What the . . . . ?

What on Earth is going on in my house today???

Halloween has been over for a week. Daylight savings ended today -- so we actually GAINED an hour. I've been trying to be pleasant all day. But

each of my children are acting as if they are going to spontaneously combust today!

Nels went to work this morning at 6:30. I got up early and got ready before the girls got up. - We were off to a good start. I got all five of us ready and we made it to church before the Sacrament was passed. All four girls acted like maniacs during Sacrament Meeting. Crawling all over the chairs, under the chairs, talking full-voiced, squealing, whining, bothering. We finally made it through but Violet whined all during Sunday School and wouldn't take a nap. I finally stepped out into the hallway to try to get her to sleep as Relief Society started. She did, thank goodness! Lilie needed to give the scripture in Primary today. With Nels gone, I got to help her, while holding Violet. I step up to help her and she starts grabbing the microphone, making weird noises and kneeling down so that no one can see her. I semi-wrestle her (while holding my sleeping baby) to get her to stand up and let go of the microphone - telling her that it's her turn to share the scripture and I'll help her. I finally hand off my baby to my friend, but Lilie still won't stand up straight and refuses to talk. Lovely. I just said the scripture for her and carried her into the hall to talk to her. She starts crying. My friend brings Violet out as well, who is now awake and starting to whimper because I'm not holding her. We get through church and walk out to the parking lot, while Hazel is asking why I won't let her go into the gym to run and play. All three of the older girls whine all the way home. We get here, they keep whining. Now Lilie is bawling like a maniac in Elsie's bedroom because I put her in there until she stops crying about nothing.

We've only been home for 45 minutes!!!

{{sigh}}

Man, these days don't come very often, but I sure don't like them when they do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came home from church in the middle of Relief Society because Addison was so cranky and tired (also wouldn't take a nap--although she did fall asleep as soon as I buckled her in her car seat. . . grr.)so it is good to hear that a veteran mama has some of the same issues. Although this sounds like overdrive. I hope you have a better day.

Deanna said...

Oh, wow. I hear ya. I think this whole time change has thrown us all for a loop. We put the kids to bed like normal last night and they woke up two hours earlier!!! What the?

But yeah...sounds like you guys are in overdrive. Here's some love for you!!! {♥}

Jandy Lou said...

And!!! Let it be know to all your blogger friends that after a sad day, you managed to make an awesome pot of chili and wonderful cornbread, comfort a prego/whining friend AND clean her living room all shiny! AND you are coming to my rescue AGAIN tomorrow. Really...you are an amazing person and I am one lucky person to know you! and to have you as a dear friend. I cannot tell you thank you enough!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You cleaned someone's living room after a day like that? You truly are golden!

Thomas Family said...

Hey, Mark had to work/be at school/be at the hospital today to. Everything was going fine until Wilson peed his pants under the pew in the middle of sacrament meeting. :) Ok so only half way peed his pants. I hauled him off to the bathroom and since it was only "half-way" peed I made him stay in it until after church. Gross eh? I wasn't hauling all three kids home and then back again to do my calling etc etc. I'm such a good mom and for the record, so are you. :) Except you really are- no sarcasm in that statement... :)

Perry's said...

Don't you hate that it feels like it comes when it is only one parent. I feel you Rachel. I know what you are talking about. I am also glad to see that my girls are not the only ones that whine about nothing.

Amber said...

I hear ya! Time changes stink. I need a chat but I still havn't picked up the correct ear piece. soon. I will do it soon because we are getting low on food =).