I just have to record quickly that after the . . . interesting morning that we had at our house, things went much better.
Primarily because of my sweet Hazel.
After getting off the computer, I went and yelled at Lilie, who was screaming at the top of her lungs and dropped her into a chair for a "time out forever". -- Or at least until she stopped bawling, which seemed like it would pretty much be forever. I turned on some church music and tried to calm down.
Shortly Hazel came upstairs telling me that she and Elsie had cleaned up her room "so good!" I gave her a big hug and told her thank you SO MUCH. I went to talk to Lilie again and explained to her that I really thought it would be good for her to take a nap. She agreed! and laid down in my bed. While she slept, Hazel cleaned up the living room for me, picked up pillows, cleared off the table, and played with Elsie. All without being asked, while I finished dinner.
Lilie slept for only about 20 minutes, but it was obviously enough for both of us to "reboot".
I love my sweet, sweet girls. I so appreciated Hazel's willingness to serve and help. She really is growing up so much. She is such a tender girl and wants so badly to help and show her love. What a wonderful girl I have. It's amazing how far just a little loving service can go. - Especially in the heart of an overwhelmed mommy. :)
It's kind of sad when the one to change the attitude in your home is not you, but your seven year old -- but you know, it was a day when there was a great need for someone else to step up to the plate.
Thank you, Hazel!!!
5 comments:
Precious children. Beautiful Hazel. ♥
That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing that! You must be doing something right!
I've missed a few blogs, so here are my comments for the last three...
About the mouse: Funny, but I totally understand not wanting to deal with it. At least it wasn't a scorpion. I found a tiny one on the kitchen counter hiding under some grapes this morning. I almost lost my mind trying to deal with it.
Sorry that church was rough, but it sounds like your Sunday turned out OK. Hazel is such a sweet little girl :)
What an angel! You doing a beautiful job as a mommy Rachel! Love you.
Rachel, I am so grateful for you. You make me smile and you are so honest in you posts. Thank you for all of your help today. It was so nice and it made the whole attitude in our house change, if only for a day. I was grateful to have a clean kitchen and so grateful I could bath the boys in their bathroom without loosing it! Thank you soooooo much for giving up your precious time to spend with me today. Besides, holding and playing with Violet was a huge help with my negative pregnancy feelings. It helped a ton! Thank you again!!!!!
Post a Comment