I loved this post. Here.
Oh, man. Have I had those days. I loved what she said about how motherhood permeates everything. So true -- and so good.
So, that being said, I'm going to tell you about a few things. I've been thinking over how I'd like to share with you some of my favorite things that I find online. Whether crafts that I want to do, furniture makeovers that I love, fabric that speaks to my heart, and whatnot. I find things that I like all the time, and I'm going to start a weekly post where I share a couple of them with you -- 'cause let's face it, good things need to be shared.
To start with, I'm going to share a couple ideas that I've had for Christmas presents for my kids this year. Most of our Christmas money got eaten up by our vacation to San Diego last month. Our kids declared that was just fine with them --- and it will be --- but let's face it, the little squirts are still going to need some presents, not a lot, but probably more than two. :) They'll get some fun things from grandparents and a little something from the Man in Red, but I also want to be able to give my kids something from me or help them with things to give one another. However, they're going to be mostly homemade this year and I'm excited.
This teepee is something that I've had on my list for probably more than a year. I think I'll make one for each of my three older girls. They'll take up a lot of room once they're opened, but even during the winter, they'll make fabulous forts in the basement! :) Plus they'll be easy to store neatly under their beds.
Second is this Birdie Cat Pillow by Amy Butler. Sorry, you've got to scroll clear to the bottom of the page. I think it's way cute, plus, when my kids saw it - as I was browsing through her gorgeous patterns - they didn't stop asking about it for hours. :) By the way, did you see that unbelievable "Bloom Quilt"??? Holy smokes, what an idea! I am GOING to find a way to incorporate this into the girls bedroom makeover at some point.
That's it for now. What do you think? What are you doing for your kids? I'd love more ideas!


8 comments:
I think your girls will love those presents! I wish I knew how to sew. I think I'm going to have to learn. Wes will be barely 1 so we won't have to buy him a lot. He's happy to play with a box or empty can. :)
LOVE your ideas! I've had a teepee on my list of things to make too. I'm done for this Christmas though- so maybe for Brady's birthday...
Those are so cute! My 'inexpensive' idea for Winston for Christmas this year is to get a big box (like a refrigerator or washer/dryer box) and along with it make up a packet of markers, string, fabric, glue, scissors etc. and he can make the box into anything he wants to with the supplies. It could be a house, a castle, a rocket... the possibilities are endless. So that's my idea. I love your teepee idea too! Those look easy to make and fun!
Love the teepee idea as well! Now to convince Anthony! LOL! I was going to get old copies of Kids National Geographic off Ebay for our boys! They love to look at them in the doctor office! Not that we spend a lot time there or anything...sigh! I also thought of getting Peter supplies to make a robot or some art project!
What adorable projects! Your girls will love both! I am thinking I might be making church quiet bags for each of mine, which age appropriate quiet activites. I am actually looking for other ideas too.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the teepee. Really, you are going to make three! That's going to be the coolest present ever. I remember having a teepee as a child, so many great memories.
I was thinking about doing capes for each of my children with their initials on them. Have you done that? Any pointers? We are keeping it simple, I like it better that way! I'd rather have them "do" than "get". I'm all for the trips and the memories.
Oh yeah, I'm way excited about this gift, but they probably won'g be till they're much older. I printed a 2009 book for each of them of my blog entries. :)
very cute. I can see your little girls in love with those cats. YOu may just have to make a movie with them. =)
Post a Comment