Friday, January 23, 2009

Paint is Hard.

So, I'd like some input. 

As I said in my previous post, I'm going to paint this room. It needs it. Bad. But I'm not sure which color to go with. Here's what it looks like.


I know that I need some extension cords and the lack of decor on the walls is sad. Also, the chair in the corner is getting recovered --- with whatever. Anything is better than the nasty-ish blue velvet decorated with blue and black pen. :) However, even though the scale of the chair doesn't really match the couch, I just can't get rid of it. It is the most comfortable chair! So, who cares about scale? Right!? :) SO. Disregarding the things that will be exciting to fix (and those that will NOT be getting fixed - i.e. the carpet - any time soon) once I have paint -- and just looking at the rug, carpet, and couch, what color would you go with?


9 comments:

Sara Newton said...

I'm noticing that there is a lot of dark color in the room...how about something light? I don't now what though, I'm not a decorating buff...maybe a pale yellowish? Or a pale blue? That could look totally ridiculous though, so don't take my opinion as an expert's opinin. :)

Deanna said...

Woah, paint is TOATLLY a personal thing, but I just painted my office RED. I love it! One of four walls. Then the secretaries painted their office area this really fun butternut squash color - kindof a butter yellow. SO FUN! I noticed a fun lime/pea green color in the rug...it might clash with the couch if you do the WHOLE room that color, but maybe pick one wall you want to stand out. I agree with sara, that room can be kindof dark and with the large, dark couch, you may want to go with something on the lighter side of things. I have NO IDEA!!! Good luck, though!

Hannah said...

I'm thinking a nice neutral-something in the TAN family. I know many may say that's boring or playing it safe but I love the classic feel of it! It also lookes like it's one of the colors in your rug. Throw in some great coordinating fabric on the chair and some couch pillows...let me know- I can't wait to see what you do. It will look great no matter what because girl, you've got style! Oh btw, Chris and I watched Nels movies and thought it was great! I especially thought the best actors were Nels' Dad, Mom and the little cameo by Melyni! I laughed so hard when I first saw Mel in the gas station! And then when I figured out that it was Nels' mom! i laughed even hearder! What great sports!

ClancyPants said...

Definitely a tan color. And why don't you have Nels do some photoshopping with it and just look at a bunch of different colors?

Wendie said...

I think that I would go with a nice beige. Simple, but light and clean. You already have so many other colors in the room and you'll have even more color if you add wall hangings and pillows.

Alyssa said...

i also like a light yellow or beige color that is in your mom's house upstairs.... by the computer. it's nice, and peaceful... but it's easy enough to be able to go with everything. :)

Amber said...

I agree. Go with either a beige- tan, or yellow. It will warm up the room but keep it light. I might use some mirrors in the room to help lighten the walls as well. I will have to call you to explain. Not like I need a reason to call =).

lynsey said...

i'm with everyone else...light tan, a buttercream, or something like that. it'll look great!

Life for the Pillings said...

I too agree with everyone else - beige or a great yellowish color! It would be so perfect! Can I come help? I love painting and seeing the finished project when it's done. Really I would love to help - think - think - would I really be any help with three little ladies of my own? Going to have to think this one through...