Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy January from Idaho!

We have had a strange January -- however, it IS Idaho -- so what is strange? Winter weather in Idaho is always a little bit weird. We got dumped on with snow around Christmas and since then, we've had almost none. In fact, it's been melting. Last week we hardly had any left on the grass in our front yard. Then this weekend, we've gotten another 10 inches or so. Odd.

Anyhow, usually it is so cold when it snows here that the snow it very "dry" when it comes down. Powdery stuff that doesn't compact very well before it gets crusty and icy. This weekend, however, we've had our first good snowman snow of the season, so I promised the girls that we'd take advantage of it!

Our very cute snowman, named Rex.
A green pepper mouth and broccoli ears. 
(Broccoli ears are what snowman wrestlers get. :)



Elsie's first "real" time out in the snow.

Happy January!!!

6 comments:

Sara Newton said...

I love how Lilie is staring off into space! What a cute little family you guys have turned into!

Deanna said...

So cute!

Deanna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendie said...

Cute Snowman! Cute Family!

Amber said...

Ha! Ha! I love your creative snowman Rex. He is adorable!!! Cute pictures too.

Gina said...

That is the cutest snowman! I love the canning jar rings on the eyes! What a cute family--LOVE IT!