
For Christmas this year I bought Elsie a bedtime CD. It was recommended on one of the blogs that I like to read, so I thought that I'd try it out. I LOVE IT. And what's even better is that Elsie loves it more. :) The first song on the CD is "Baby Mine" which has been a favorite of mine since Hazel was born and I often sing it to my girls. Elise reminds me every time I go lay her down to sleep that she needs "Mine."
I have figured that she didn't really understand the meaning of such a word --- MINE --- other than being what we call her music. However the past two days, she has proven me wrong -- in the sweetest way. Yesterday Nels was laying (or lying? I can't ever remember.) on the bed and I brought Elsie in to him as I was getting ready to go to the store. I set her down and she immediately snuggled up next to her daddy while I talked to him. When I finished, I asked her if she wanted to take a nap. She snuggled closer to her daddy and said, "Daddy, Mine." I asked her again if she wanted to come with me, while reaching for her. At this point, she swatted my hands away and said, "Daddy, mine. No, Mommy. Bye, bye." Do you think she was clear enough?
Then this morning I went to lay her down in her bed again for a nap. She clearly needed it, but still didn't want to. Holding her, I went to close the door. As I did, she says, "Aant down, Momma mine." I love this little girl. She uses the phrase, Aant -- meaning "I want" -- all the time. Aant shood. Aant dwink. Aant down. I love her. And I love that she calls me Momma, mine. :)
3 comments:
so sweet! I love it!!
How precious!! I love the picture of the two of you!
she is too cute. seriously, she has the sweetest little personality & i only got to spend like an hour with her!
Post a Comment