Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Hazel!!!

I cannot believe that my little girl is FIVE! What a joy!

Hazel's birthday is always very sweet to me. It is the day that I was given one of the greatest gifts God bestows upon his daughters. My sweet Hazel made me a mother. I love being her mother.
Hazel has one of the most loving and tender people I have ever known. She is so kind. She is definitely a verbal little girl. At nearly every meal she tells me, "This is SO good, Mom!" "Thank you for making me dinner." "Can we have this again tomorrow?"
She loves to sing and makes up songs often. She LOVES music and has since she was just a little baby. When we would ride in the car (which she hated as an infant) she would cry until we would start singing "Popcorn Popping"! She also knew a lot of songs as a one-year-old. Her favorite was "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. She also liked "Be Good Johnny" and "Barbara Ann". :)

For her birthday this year she woke up to a PINK Hello Kitty shirt, PINK nail polish, and PINK flowers for her hair (per her request). She was SO happy! She went to school and then we had a little birthday get-together with a couple of friends at the park. (Thank you, Stef, for the cupcakes!!) Another birthday request she had made was for a pinata - made by yours truly! :) True to form, it was a bit wonky, but the kids thought it was fabulous and the girls loved coloring it. I wish I'd gotten pictures of her little party, but Nels ended up having to work late and didn't make it as my photographer or to dinner at the Olive Garden (again, Hazel's request). :( Poor Daddy!



I'm so thankful for my Hazel. She is such a good big sister and friend. She has grown so much this past year that I can't even believe how fast time passes. I love you, Hazel! I'm so happy to be your mother!

(For future reference, Yes, this cake does have 6 candles. One for Elsie, five for Hazel.)

5 comments:

Perry's said...

Hazel is so cute. I love that she tells you great dinner. What a sweet girl. I can't believe you have a five year old. I remember when she was born. Crazy. The cake looks so great. Great job mommy.

lynsey said...

happy birthday purple haze! glad she had a good day with everything pink. off the subject, that picture of you reading to her made me remember how FANTASTIC you look with short hair! don't get me wrong, your long hair is beautiful...it's just that you seriously can pull the short hair look off!

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, Lynsey. You pull dirty tricks. I haven't even thought of cutting my hair until just now. Thanks for the compliment. --- I won't do it! Pony tails are just too easy!

Rachel Holloway said...

Such sweet girls! Glad you guys had a great birthday celebration!!! :) So amazing how time flies so quickly!

Amber said...

She is the sweetest little girl! Can she come visit me and tell me how yummy my dinner is? I love that she loves singing so much too. She is a wonderful little girl! Happy Birthday Hazel!!