1. Nels got an extra day off this week! (Okay, after putting in about 13 hours of overtime one day. But HEY! We'll take it where we can get it!)
2. I got to mow my new sod for the first (and probably the last of the season) time today and it looks (mostly) fabulous! :)
3. I got our food storage put away and I'm slowly working my way through organizing my laundry room. Not quite there yet, but we're on our way.
4. It was beautiful outside today! Seriously gorgeous! We got the majority of our yard cleaned up and ready for winter. Oh, happy day!
5. Elsie has started saying Mama. It is the cutest thing in the entire world. I know that she's not always referring to me, sometimes it means "more" - but it sure makes my heart happy each and every time I hear it!
In un-fab news, Lilie has really been on a rampage the past few days! {sigh} Yesterday Hazel informed me that she thought Lilie had drawn on their furniture. Lo and behold there are some of the cutest drawings that I have ever seen scrawled in permanent marker across both headboards and their beautiful dresser. Yesterday Lilie also stole what she thought was candy from the store (it was really little wipe-y things that you put water on . . . they looked like candy. :). We had a wonderful little lesson in honesty and the atonement. :) (Hazel is very thankful that her sister will not be going to jail. :) Also today she smeared more of my lipstick across the bathroom. Lovely. There was one other thing as well, but with the decrease in brain function that happens after midnight, I just can't remember. On an upside, she has been incredibly cute and sweet lately as well. She truly is such a fabulous girl. I just can't figure out why ! --- I just remembered what the other one was! :) Yesterday Lilie woke up at about 5:07 am. I heard her, but she never came upstairs, so I figured (accurately) that she had woke up Hazel and had her help her turn on pbskids.org to play games. When I woke up at 7:30, she was in the bathroom washing her hands. ??? Weird. When I came downstairs, I figured out WHY she was washing her hands. There was sugar covering large sections of carpet, the computer desk, the chair, her dresser, and her bed. {{{double sigh}}} I guess she got hungry . . .
Lilie. You are such a wonderful girl. {sigh}
7 comments:
One morning, many years ago, while I was showering my oldest two children decided to color pictures for me with red Sharpie pens - on the couch! I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that the pen had soaked right through the paper and onto the couch. I used an entire bottle of hairspray and lots of paper towels to soak it up, but it came off completely eventually, and the permanent markers went up high. Those two kids just turned 14 and 12. It goes by so fast.
So in case you haven't gotten the marker off, try hairspray. Good luck!
You too huh? Peter has also been into a more mischief then usually! Maybe it's the age! sigh... I love your fablouse five and look forward to it all the time! Keep it up!
OH, Rachel. I don't know how you do it! You are an amazing mom. Good luck keeping up with that sweet little Lilie!
Oh Lilie! We still love you! It's good thing she is so cute!
LOL! I'm so sorry! Glad she's being sweet while on her rampage! ;)
funny lilie! i wish we lived closer so i could see this little chick in action. :) and so i could hang out with you!
Rachel,
Ben wants to know if you know about childproof cabinet locks. They quote "work on any cabinets," says Ben. He's concerned you haven't heard about these before. He doesn't want you getting any premature gray hairs. All I could do after reading this is cover my mouth and say Oh Lilie. You will have some great stories to tell her when she's older...if you let her live that long....!!
Post a Comment