My grand project of the summer. I'm SO happy! My dear, sweet parents came up last weekend and helped us get the sod in. They are truly angels from Heaven! Thank you so much, Mom and Dad! We love you!
Last Summer

Sadly, because of where the car is parked, you can't see the left side of the grass. The previous owners had just cut down two ENORMOUS pine trees right before we moved in, then didn't clean it up afterward. Bark, roots, rocks and mounds of mess everywhere!

All the grass next to the walkway and out about 8 feet was littered with millions upon millions of rocks. Someone actually had had a flower bed there at one point. It was a MESS with lots of random, uncared for plants creeping up everywhere.

(I have no idea why Hazel's pants are not done-up in this picture, but I think still think it's funny . . . :)

( . . . but not as funny as the dance she's doing in this picture! :)
After


So, BEFORE . . .
Hmmm. . . needs more flowers, doesn't it?Also, I need your opinion.
Do you like the door better white or green?
AND do you think that I should paint the garage door white or leave it as is?
And what about shutters? Better with or without?
I'll have to take more pictures for you in the spring when the sod has finished growing in and I've finished . . . doing . . . whatever I'm doing. :)
I'll have to take more pictures for you in the spring when the sod has finished growing in and I've finished . . . doing . . . whatever I'm doing. :)


10 comments:
I am thinking I like the shutters. It adds something. Maybe not green ones but they looked good on. your house is coming along. I love the grass
I think shutters are a good idea too. The windows just need something. I'm not sure about the garage door because wouldn't that make it stand out? Is it good for the garage door to stand out? I don't know these things, I'm still learning and I don't own a home yet, so that is also a bit difficult...
I LOVE the new walkway. That makes such a difference. I'm so happy for you to have a front yard again =). I like the shutters and I like the front door painted green. When you decide that your really ambitious, I think that the siding would be pretty as a soft yellow. I think that the garage door should be the same color as your siding. Or . . .hmmm . . . I don't know, it may be pretty painted deep green too. I like the green on the doors and shutters because it coordinates with your roof, but black may also look great. Although, black tends to show the dust more. Dad makes beautiful window boxes and that would be a fun touch someday. Okay, you may have received more info than you want. Just thinking. I'm happy to come have another painting party with you when your ready.
Definitely like it with the shutters and the door green, I am so glad that it is all done finally, it looks really great and will look even better in the spring with flowers and the grass all grown together. Yea for a finished project!
It looks great! All your hard work has paid off! I like the shutters just paint them a different color if it bothers you. I can see you are just like your mom in making a beautiful yard!
SHUTTERS for sure!! Your door now looks white--is it? Honestly, if you DIDN'T have the front storm door, I would say green would stand out nicely. But with the front storm door being white, you might stick with white. Your call though. What a beautiful yard! You did great!!!
Shutters. Yes. I liked the shutters. I'm all for them and the door being black like Wendie said! And I'm so happy for your sod! That looks great! And that is a lovely curvy sidewalk! ;)
Beautiful, my friend.
BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm thinking green - the dark would work well with your roof ...how much fun!
I absolutely love the new walkway. It adds a lot to your yard, and now you have a little garden area in front to put pretty bulbs and flowers. :) I don't know that you'd want to make your garage stand out, so I'd leave it white if it was me. The windows actually look better without shutters, it leaves it more open. I like the white door too. The house looks....darker before, and now it looks... happy, light, pleasant and welcoming. But I'm sure whatever you decide to do, it will be fantastic! ;)
Rachel, what a great job you guys have done! We need to stop by and see you soon! How was Hazel's birthday? Isn't her birthday right around General conference? Glad to see things are going well. . . Oh, and sorry, but I had to laugh at a posting above - "I know. I suck." You do not "suck", and I could totaly see you saying that. You're so funny. We've got to get together again! When do you wanna come over?
Post a Comment