Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Elsie!!

Happy Birthday Baby!
Birthday pancakes covered in strawberry jam!
What more could a one year old want???

Well, maybe she could want a tray full of black beans and rice!
(Isn't she a cute little monkey?)


And maybe some birthday cake! :)
She loved shoving the entire piece up on her face.
She just kept on pushing and
kept on chewing until it was all finished!
That's my girl!!!

What a fun time of year! Two birthdays in one week! We had so much fun celebrating Elsie's FIRST birthday. Her Grandma and Papa Moon were able to come up last weekend and have a combined birthday party for Elsie and Hazel Friday. We had a lot of fun!

I love my sweet baby! She has such a happy personality! Almost always content and smiles at anyone who happens to catch her eye. I am so thankful to have her as a part of our family! She seems like so much more of a baby than her sisters did at this age. (I think it's just the perspective of having older children.) She loves to talk, talk, talk. While my parents were here this weekend, Elsie would just sit on Grandma or Grandpa's lap and just jabber away. The great thing about the way she talks is that she makes it into a real conversation. You can tell when she's asking a question, telling you something exciting, or even sassing! :) She's adorable! I love being her mommy!

5 comments:

Perry's said...

she is so cute. I can't believe she is one. Wow how time flys.

lynsey said...

she is SO cute! really. all your girls look different & they are all so adorable in their own ways. happy birthday sweet elsie!

Sara Newton said...

I love how the rice and beans in the rice and beans picture are in a straight line on the bottom half of her face and the upper half is completely clean!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Elsie!! She is a doll.

ClancyPants said...

What a fun post! She's so stinkin' cute!!! Love the black bean pic the most... the way it goes WAY around her mouth!