Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Awake

Do you ever find yourself in the dumps --- and like it?

Do you ever know the cure to your heartache and resist it?

Why do I resist those things that I know will make the biggest difference?

I look at the things I lack and yet make no changes. 

"Forget yourself and go to work." "We have a greater challenge than we realize. . . . Do the best you can. But I want to emphasize that it be the very best. We are prone to be satisfied with mediocre performance. We are capable of doing so much better. . . . We must get on our knees and plead with the Lord for help and strength and direction. We must then stand on our feet and move forward."

Do you ever find yourself in bed in the morning - awake - but laying there thinking, I'm not ready to get out of bed yet? Who said you have to be ready? If you wait there longer, are you going to be more ready???

Sometimes, I don't think we have to wait for the "right timing". Sometimes we may never "feel like it". Sometimes, it's just time. Time to move forward. Time to get to work. You will feel it as you move. You will feel the "rightness" as you proceed -- not as you wait. Stop thinking. Stop waiting. The time is now.

From Sheri Dew's book, "If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard" (a recommended read for ALL):

"There is but one cure for the ills that infect our personalities, our emotions, and our behavior --- the kinds of ills that sometimes seem impossible to heal. But it is possible to change. REALLY change. The cure for the ills with which we deal is the pure love of Christ. But how do we get it? . . . 

"Mormon taught us exactly what to do: We are to 'pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart,' meaning the kind of energy we put forth when we are desperate for help, desperate for feel peace or solace, that we may be 'filled with this love, which he [meaning our Father] hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ' (Moroni 7:48; emphasis added)."

All the energy of heart. Energy. Action. Pleading. True Followers. Forget yourself. Forget yourself. Filled with this LOVE. Joy. Peace.

Do you ever find yourself waiting for someone ELSE to make changes first? To motivate? 

I've waited long enough. Stop waiting and get to work.

4 comments:

ClancyPants said...

Will you come over every day and smack me with that one??? I needed that. I'm pretty sure I need it every day when I get up in the morning. Thanks for the reminder and the awesome words. :) Miss you!

Amber said...

You're in the dumps??? Oh dear. I just need someone to make me go to bed so I can get up!!! But that is probably your problem too...I know you all too well =).

Rachel Holloway said...

Ya...pretty much I hear you loud and clear. And I love what you said. I sure hate this "cycle"...where you get it, then you fall into the dumps, blah, blah, blah...and then it all makes sense again and there is motivation and drive.

Working on finding the drive now...

Life for the Pillings said...

I agree that book is one of the best books I've ever read. I think it's one of those ones that you should pull out and read every couple of months because we all tend to get caught up in life and forget.