Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Exercise

I've had a couple of people ask how my running is going - so just a little update. It's going GREAT! I'm only on week 2 but I really feel like I'm going to be able to do this! I must say, running has never been my favorite workout - but you know what? It's free, it's an incredibly good workout, you get some fast results, and it's also (in my opinion) therapeutic.

In the past week, I've felt SO much better than I have in months (if not years) physically. I think I've been in need of some good, hard physical exercise in a LONG time. It helps regulate my moods better, which is appreciated by one and all, as well. I honestly think that MANY physical, emotional, and spiritual ailments can be cured with just some healthy eating and some good exercise.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! When I excercise in the morning I feel a lot better throughout the day.

When and where do you go running? I've been thinking I need to start doing some sort of physical activity. Could I join you sometime?

I'm glad it's going so well for you!

Amber said...

I know what you mean. It helps a ton!! The days I don't workout are a lot harder to stay motivated and productive, happy, etc. It is necessary!

Sara : Confetti Sunshine said...

Yea for running! sounds like you are doing great... keep it up it only gets easier.

ClancyPants said...

YOU ROCK! Thanks for the motivation. It's so enjoyable too!

Deanna said...

I Love that new song of Cold Play's, too! I have a pretty close description of favorite 'playlists' through life, too...CRAZY!

Lisa said...

YEA! Good job! It does feel good to keep at something. you've got more dedication at running than I do. I am such a slacker. And, I totally flake out when it comes to running. Good job!

Travis and Heather said...

What a blast from the past. Last time I saw you, you had a toddler and a brand new little thing. Crazy. I saw your link on Deanna's and couldn't help saying hi. It is so fun to see your whole family!! How the heck are ya?

Heather and Travis Taylor
Check out our blog

Andrea said...

Hi Rachel, I totally remember you from the Good Old Rexburg days. Thanks - I'm glad I'm not the only one nervous about this. Maybe I could use a good run - I never love exercise while I'm doing it but I feel so good throughout the day that it's so worth the pain. Oh and I LOVE COLDPLAY. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Lindsey and Brett said...

That's so awesome that you are sticking with it. I really need to get myself motivated!