Monday, July 28, 2008

New Dawn

Okay, I just can't wait any longer --- I'm home with just my kids and I just finished reading the Twilight series again. (I had only read Eclipse once and the first time, toward the end, I was in such a big hurry --- mostly because I was so disgusted with Bella for even wavering --- that I don't think I fully comprehended everything that happens! :) Ha! I'm retarded. I was able to be much more objective this time - it was nice.) And I just HAVE to talk about this next book! LOL! I really AM retarded. SO -- for any of you as retarded as I am, I want your theories . . . I've been thinking about this WAY more than is healthy over the past few days and I'm sure that once I post my most recent guesses, I'm going to change them within minutes, but I want to know all your wacky ideas about what we're going to learn in the next . . . week (that will give us all time to read the book right? :). 

I'm so excited! I'm really glad that I waited until now to read them again because I think otherwise I would have turned into a . . . weirdo this past month or so.

So here are my most recent theories:

#1 - Bella gets changed early in the book.
#2 - Her parents find out about the vampires - (seriously, how can they not? she can't leave them in the dark for the rest of eternity!)
#3 - The Volturi HAVE to be the main antagonist in the book.
#4 - Jacob MAY die. IF he does, it will be protecting Bella -- it will go something like this . . . Bella is cornered, Jacob steps in, Bella somehow gets bitten in the scuffle, and she turns into a vampire. :) LOL! Funny the things that your brain can come up with when you're sweeping your patio at midnight . . . . LOL!
#5 - Jacob will PROBABLY NOT die and just imprint on a vampire or something! :) Maybe Tanya! :) Ha ha ha! I'm hilarious!
#6 - Bella is going to have incredible powers -- I haven't quite figured out WHAT yet . . . I can see her being a mind reader, kind of like Edward, but different --- she's always said to be "perceptive" --- how does that translate? --- Especially linked with her weird brain power immunity??? Hmmm . . . . that one I'm going to have to still think about. :)


Now, lastly. What do you think the cover and title mean? As you read through the books, Jacob is always described as Bella's "sun" . . . hmmm . . . any ideas?


8 comments:

Deanna said...

Bella's going to break Jacob's heart...I don't know...I'll have to put some thought into it...My little brother is getting married that day, so the book will have to wait, unfoutunately!!!

The Hills said...

Okay, I'm behind on this one. I just finished reading "Twighlight" for the first time. I enjoyed it and I can't wait to read the others. However, I know I am far behind because I didn't understand any of what you wrote! And this is exactly why reading from the beginning of a series is best.

Becca

Sara Newton said...

ha! I agree with a few of your theories, like that she'll be changed early and the volturi will be in this one. I also think her parents will either find out or be written out of this one because there is no way that they couldn't notice a difference in their daughter (especially the fact that all of a sudden she is unflawed physically, etc). Michael also started reading the series and LOVES the 3rd one (who would have thought?!?). So we'll be fighting over the book this weekend because I refuse to by two of them!

ClancyPants said...

LOL! To be perfectly honest, I have not given any thought to theories of where it's going to go. I prefer to just wait and see myself. There is one exception to that and I think that's going to be for Jacob to imprint on someone, as you said. I hadn't thought about it being a vampire! That would be hilarious! Anyway, I'm just excited for this book to come out and to go with you to the midnight release and be big dorks with our TEAM EDWARD shirts!!! ;)

Kelly said...

Have you read it yet Rach? What happened? Actually, don't tell me, but can I borrow the book if you have it??!!!! PLEASE!!!! I just finished rereading all of the books and I'm the 852nd person to put the book on hold!! Aren't I lucky?

Lisa said...

Fun, fun! I love theories. I think you read mine on my blog a while ago. I am not allowing myself to even TOUCH the book until the 11th. Well, maybe the 10th of August, but we'll see. Hope you're lov'in the book! YEA! It's released!

Life for the Pillings said...

All I can say for all you Edward fans - JACOB is going to be with Bella in the end. She doesn't want to get married and if she turns into a vampire she'll never be able to have any kids - what kind of life is that! I'm still voting for Jacob! Edward is great, but he is to unreal - nobody is that perfect.

Wendie said...

Ahhh . . . I just finished reading Breaking Dawn last night. I loved it! It'll be fun to talk about when the rest of you finish. Hurry! Good theories, Rachel.