We have been incredibly busy this summer - with a lot of emotional roller-coasters, I feel as if I'm never on top of all that needs to be done, but it's been good, nonetheless.
For the 4th we decided to make the journey down to Utah and out the the Merkley farm in Duchesne (5 hours total of driving). We got down to Bountiful at about 11 pm, picked up my madre and my Genny, and headed out for 2 more hours of driving. Nels was driving (which he doesn't really like doing - especially in Utah, but my eyes were beat and it was no longer safe for me), he missed the usual exit to get onto the freeway, so we took a detour through North Salt Lakel. He missed the second exit to get onto the freeway and we headed down Beck Street to get on at 600 N. Well, as he was missing all these exits, he kept saying that the steering just felt really loose - so we decided to stop at a gas station on the way and fill up the tires. Well as Nels was doing so, he found the problem. A large piece of metal embedded in our tire wall. FLAT. Hhhmmmmm . . . where to get a tire fixed at 11:30 at night on JULY THIRD??? Needless to say, by divine providence, Nels missed TWO exits on to the freeway and we stopped before heading out ino the barenness of Eastern Utah and we DID NOT make it to Duchesne that night. When we finally did, it was great to see my family! I love them all so much!!!
While lighting fireworks we reaffirmed that Lilie is a pyro! She loved LIGHTING the fireworks!!! Hazel, true to form, acted nervous of everything that made any kind of noise, but in the end, had a great time as well!
Look at those little ragamuffins!! :)A day on the farm, filled with cousins and popsicles
will do that to a kid!
Sweet niece, Ali!!!And to answer your curiosity,
that red-coloring is NOT from the sparkler! :)
After three years of living in Illinois,
ONE day on a four-wheeler will do that to you!
That night with my cousins, my nephew, and MOM (!) we played kick-the-can (which I haven't done since I was a kid)! It was SO fun!!! Luckily we had no more vehicular mishaps on the way home!


4 comments:
You are my favorite feast-or-famine blogger! I can always count on four or five posts at a time! I love it! :) You are seriously cute, and I am so glad you had a good time with your family over the fourth! Is Genny your sister?
Clancy! Go to bed!!! :) Yes, Genny is my little sister - isn't she cute? Have anyone cute and responsible to set her up with?? :)
oh my gosh. it sounds like you guys had a blast. I am sorry I missed it. I was a little sad to read you played kick the can. i think last time we all did that was when we were young not married. No kids. Wow the memories.
I am glad that Nels was inspired to miss several exits. I am with Chelsie I am sad I missed a good game of kick-the-can. I miss family!!
Post a Comment