Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Drive

We returned from our trip to Utah only to find bare cupboards and a bare fridge. Not even leftovers to have for our Sunday dinner. :(

SO, as I looked at what we DID have - mostly potatoes - I thought, "Perfect for a Hobo Dinner." Now, I don't know that driving up into the mountains, building a fire, and cooking tinfoil dinners are necessarily appropriate Sunday activities, but you know pioneers had to cook their Sunday dinners over fires, right?? :) And we had a really sweet time with our little girls - looking at nature and enjoying our Father's creations. :)



The versatility of the Port-A-Crib!!
What a fabulous invention!

The fire-pit we found had a bunch of
donated lengths of 2x4's and such
that Daddy fashioned into a perfect bench
and made wonderful toys (as well as firewood)! :)

Cute little CRACK!

2 comments:

ClancyPants said...

You are too cute! What a fun idea. It reminds me of when I was a kid. We'd go up the canyon off and on all the time on Sunday afternoon. Some of my favorite memories from my childhood. Good job at making some memories for your girls!

Julian said...

Sweet no let's go fishing!