Sunday, July 13, 2008

Podiatric Injuries

It's hard to be a kid who can't take the time to wear shoes - and for some reason can't seem to keep them on (I think it may be a genetic problem). Lilie came to me the other day saying that she had "a bleed" on her foot. I took a look, saw nothing, and sent her on her way. Last Saturday morning as we were rushing to get to Duchesne, I asked her to stop jumping on Grandma's bed and put on her shoes. 30 seconds later she came to me wailing, with one shoe on, one in her hand, saying, "I have a bleed!" I kneel down, look at her foot, and see that her ANKLE is entirely SWOLLEN! WHAT??!!! There is but one scrape on the back of her heel - not even a CUT! The resident Nurse (a.k.a. Grandma) calms me from rushing to the hospital for an antibiotic :) and soaks her little foot in some hot salt water. Later that day, most all the swelling was gone.

Well, as the girls and I were driving the other day, all of a sudden Hazel starts screaming, "I have a scratch on my toe!!!" I calmly ask her if it's bleeding - she says no. Okay. Then stop screetching! :)
That evening as I'm washing her up, I get a look at said "scratch" and see THIS! When questioned about what happened, she has NO IDEA. How someone opens up a 3/4 inch gash on their toe and has no idea how it happened is beyond me!


My cute (and CLEAN!) girls soaking their injuries! :)
Salt water is an incredible healer!

3 comments:

ClancyPants said...

Gotta love all the bangs and bruises that come with the children package! ;)

Amber said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it? Those little feet look similar to somebody else I know ;) I think you are right it is definitly a genetic disorder =) LOL!

Anonymous said...

your girls are so cute and funny!:)