Sunday, February 3, 2008

No Use Crying Over Spilled . . . Water?

    Today Nels gave Hazel a cup of water. Later when he came back, she'd spilled the water all over the counter.
    Nels asked her why she had spilled her water. She sat for a second and then said, "I don't know. . . Well, I wanted to go swimming, but then I was too big."

     Sometimes it's important to keep things in perspective when dealing with children. She didn't really want to make a mess . . . she just thought it would be fun to go swimming . . . in a cup of water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds so much like you! Your girls crack me up!

Amber said...

What a silly little girl!! I really hope we can come see you at the end of the month! Then our crazy kids can play together for the first time =).

Julian said...

Great Story!