The days surrounding Valentine's Day are always a bit of a challenge for me. First of all, Valentine's is pretty much a made up holiday to spoil women and trap men. And second, Nels's birthday falls the day AFTER Valentine's. So I always feel a bit uncomfortable making a big deal about Valentine's. I don't like feeling like it's overshadowing one of the most wonderful days of the year.
Solution: just make Valentine's Day a fun day for the whole family to celebrate how much we love one another. - How many of you agree? Why is it that Valentine's is pretty much a day for women? (Granted, I'm pretty sure that most men end the night pretty happy, but still . . .) I've talked to so many women who act like Valentine's is the most important day of the year for their husband to show them that they love them. In their minds, they think of what they want to happen and then, if their husband doesn't follow through with their fantasy, well, he must not love them. "If he loves me, then he'll . . . " Is probably one of the most dangerous things for a woman to ever think. For me, personally, I'm happy to kind of keep V-Day on the down-low. My husband shows me that he loves me every day. I love him SO MUCH for all he does for me, For all he is, For all that he helps me to be.
Nels and I had a wonderful Valentine's. Nels bought me a lovely plant and pretty balloons for each of the girls. Then he got home from work before I was finished grocery shopping. We gave the girls macaroni and cheese, put them in bed, and then Nels helped me make a nice candlelight dinner for just the two of us, which we ate at our lovely kitchen table. It was a fabulous night!
No comments:
Post a Comment