Monday, February 18, 2008

A Tribute to my METAL MAN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Friday) to my wonderful husband! My sweet hubby turned 28 this weekend! He's SO old! ha ha ha! Well, he'll always be older than me! :)

The second week in February is always a fun time for me. I get to celebrate Valentine's Day with my HONEY and then I get to celebrate one the most absolutely BEST days of the year (it compares only with my children's birthdays), NELS' BIRTHDAY!

I love this man SO MUCH! I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father sent him to me. He is such a good man! He teaches me daily how to be more like my Father in Heaven. One of my favorite things about him, and indeed probably one of the main things that first attracted me to Nels (second only to his dashing good looks and sparkling personality), was his innate sense of integrity. I've never known anyone who has such a driving desire to do the right thing, for the right reason. He used to tell me that it's because he's METAL! LOL!

As funny as it sounds (Nels would say it's 'hardcore') I've thought a lot about that statement over the years and how it is actually true. (Prepare yourself for a little English History lesson) Aside from his obvious reference to Rock 'n' Roll, metal is judged by it's integrity. The words metal and mettle are (rightly) related. Definition of mettle: Inherent quality of character and temperament. I actually did a little research on this word today and found that in the 16th century before they had made a differentiation between the spelling of the two words, metal also meant "the stuff one is made of, one's character". Similar to the definition of Integrity: the quality or state of being complete or undivided: Completeness, Soundness, Incorruptibility. Now granted, sometimes this quality can be a bit irritating in the fact that Nels has a difficult time doing something that he isn't entirely 'converted' to - things like . . . well . . . like things I tell him to do (LOL!). But truthfully, I am so overwhelmingly grateful to have a husband and best friend that I can say is METAL.

He is SO handsome!

So Smart!

Such a GOOD FATHER!

He makes me laugh - SO hard - everyday!

He is my best friend, my support, my companion.
He fulfills my every need and is my match in every way!
I love you, Nels!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanna tell you what an inspiration you are to me. It is so sad how disappointing relationships are in depicted in our society, especially in television. I wish we saw more of people who love each other like you and Nels do.

Life for the Pillings said...

Such a cute little tribute! It's fun to tell others how much you love your husband isn't it?! You tell them all the time, but sometimes you just need to express it a little more. I love the picture of Hazel and Nels! She definatley takes after her Daddy!

Amber said...

I agree 100%! You and Nels make a PERFECT match. I am so happy that you found the man of your dreams...especially since he is made of metal! I can't wait to see you in a few days!!

ClancyPants said...

Awesome... you guys are so great!
:)