but I do NOT know what has gotten into her lately!
This child has been royally trying my patience. So you all saw the lovely pictures of what she did with my lipstick last week . . . yesterday as I was getting Hazel ready for ballet upstairs, Lilie was downstairs "playing in her bedroom". As I was taking some pictures of Hazel, Lilie comes upstairs entirely soaked! I take her by the shoulder and ask her how she got wet. She eventually tells me in a little voice, "The fishtank . . . " I come downstairs and there is aquarium
gravel thrown all over the couch and the carpet and the carpet is wet all around the tank! I walk over to assess the actual damage to Brother Blow (the betta fish) and see an empty bottle of OxiClean sitting on the floor.
I run upstairs and grab a glass of water and fish Bro. Blow out. There are little bubbles floating around the top of the tank.
I turn around and see the television, the entertainment center, the X-Box . . . the girls' rocking chair, and Lilie's stuffed Nemo . . .

This child has been royally trying my patience. So you all saw the lovely pictures of what she did with my lipstick last week . . . yesterday as I was getting Hazel ready for ballet upstairs, Lilie was downstairs "playing in her bedroom". As I was taking some pictures of Hazel, Lilie comes upstairs entirely soaked! I take her by the shoulder and ask her how she got wet. She eventually tells me in a little voice, "The fishtank . . . " I come downstairs and there is aquarium
gravel thrown all over the couch and the carpet and the carpet is wet all around the tank! I walk over to assess the actual damage to Brother Blow (the betta fish) and see an empty bottle of OxiClean sitting on the floor.
I turn around and see the television, the entertainment center, the X-Box . . . the girls' rocking chair, and Lilie's stuffed Nemo . . .
All smeared with OxiClean . . .
with the exception of Nemo . . . who is saturated with it!
with the exception of Nemo . . . who is saturated with it!
It's in all the crevices, all over the carpet . . .
And then today, I find her upstairs, running out of my living room saying, "I'm sorry, Mom!" I go in and there is ORANGE marker all over my ottoman that I just recovered. Apparently she was "painting" her nails, on the ottoman.
Oh, my Lilie . . . I love you . . . but . . . AAAAAAUUUGGGGggggggggg!!!!!
And then today, I find her upstairs, running out of my living room saying, "I'm sorry, Mom!" I go in and there is ORANGE marker all over my ottoman that I just recovered. Apparently she was "painting" her nails, on the ottoman.Oh, my Lilie . . . I love you . . . but . . . AAAAAAUUUGGGGggggggggg!!!!!
10 comments:
I can totally and completely sypathampize(sp?) with you! Peter has really been on one lately too! It totally floors me somedays when people tell me what angels I have for boys. I love them but somedays I want to ask if there is a return polcy
OH my goodness!!! Wow. I can't believe it....I am REALLY REALLY sorry!!
You are an amazing Mom!
wow oh wow. did brother blow make it? a better question...who came up with that name? i like the look on lilie's face with the orange marker. like she KNOWS she's done something really wrong...but look at how well she stayed in the lines on her nails! maybe this is just the beginning of a future career as an interior decorator, professional cleaner & manicurist. let's try to look for that silver lining. it's in there somewhere, i just know it.
Can you pass some of your patience onto me? You are my hero, for staying calm, and finding the good. I would have completely lost it...Good thing we love our children, huh. They are soooo cute, and learn so much, but some days make us wonder. ;)
Oh, wow! Rachel, I can just see you holding Lilie's shoulder asking, "What happened?" Ohhhh. Oxiclean can NOT be a good thing for the fish. I wonder what she was thinking? Maybe, "hey, the fish tank looks dirty. I bet I could help and clean the fish tank for mommy." ? yes. a VERY good thing we love our children. And even better that they love us, and are so willing to forgive us when we absolutely LOSE IT. *sigh* so is the life of a mother.
Rach, well I honestly don't know how you do it...with three girls! I have been so frustrated with Brady lately and losing my patience all of the time...I think maybe it's the pregnant lady in me! Anyhow, thanks for sharing your "trials" because they do help us other mothers keep things in perspective! Love ya! (I hope your ottoman was salvageable?)
So I haven't read your blog in a while, I'm not sure why, but you're girls are getting so big! Seems like you have your hands full with that Lilly! She's so cute though. Ahhh fun stories to tell them when they are older.
Hey Rach
I wish I could be a fly on the wall and watch Lilly while she gets into everything. You wonder what goes on in their little heads when they do things like this. haha
Max squirted "spray and wash" all over himself the other day and in his mouth. I freaked.
The joys of motherhood.
Lily, Lily, Lily what more can you say :0)!!! What a little stinker!! Did Bro. Blow (funny name) make it? Did she completley ruin your chair or is it going to be okay? You should post a picture of your chair - I'd like to see what you did with it. It is a good thing that we have an overwhelming love for our children. You are my hero for being so good about it.
Post a Comment