Tuesday, August 7, 2012

On the Move

We're going to be moving at the end of this month.

Fun, huh?

We'll have been in this house for a full six months by then, so we figured, What the Heck! It's about time. 

Beyond a year and a half that we lived in a trailer in Rexburg while finishing up Nels's last bit of school and then our home in Idaho Falls where we lived for 4 1/2 years, I don't think we've lived anywhere much longer than 6 months.

All told, in the ten years Nels and I have been married, I think this will be the . . . 13th move for us.

Yep. We have a problem.


To top it off, of those 13 moves we've made, several have been within the weeks surrounding our anniversary. It's been either moving or I've been pregnant. Or both. For funsies, let's see . . . 
  • got married and moved into our first apartment together. (2002)
  • 1st Anniversary - pregnant with Hazel and moved back from a summer in Mnt. Home (2003)
  • 2nd - pregnant with Lilie and moved back from a summer in Bountiful (2004)
  • 3rd - Neither! It's a miracle!
  • 4th - Neither
  • 5th - pregnant with Elsie and had moved 1 1/2 months before. (2007)
  • 6th - Neither
  • 7th - pregnant with Violet (2009)
  • 8th - Neither
  • 9th - pregnant with Clara and getting ready to move (2011)
  • 10th - MOVING
Hahahaha! That's hilarious. We chose the worst time of the year to get married. Ever. :)



So get this.

It's the best part.

We don't know where we're moving to yet!!! 

I repeat. --- Fun, huh?

We do, however, have a new family lined up to be moving into this house on September 1st. So we'd better figure it out by then. :)

We have a couple of options, but we don't know which one of those options we're going to choose. One of the places we're looking at is just across town - 500 more sqft, 2 1/2 acres of land, and lower rent and utilities. Our other option . . . well, you'll just have to wait and see with us. :)  And we don't have enough information to make a final decision. And I don't have any real control over WHEN we will.

{{sigh}}

THIS I do know. Wherever we land at the end of this month, is going to be really good. And I'm excited.

Right now, we are planning a trip to Utah this weekend. Which will be fun. We are going to the wedding of one of Nels's good friends from Ireland. She is getting married in the Twin Falls Temple on Saturday and I am so excited to meet her. And then we'll go to Utah for a couple of days before I ship Nels back home to work while I stay with my family for a few more days.

Our two week plan seems simple enough, but I have a feeling that it's just going to be the calm before the storm. :)

I'm going to take a quote from last summer . . .

"I have a feeling that August is going to feel like a tornado. Bring it on!"

10 comments:

Thomas Family said...

What?! This is like a mystery novel - where are the Chicks moving?? You left us one big cliffhanger!! Can't wait to keep reading!

Sara Newton said...

We have moved a lot around this time too...and our anniversary is in 2 days and we're moving in a week..and I'm pregnant. Great time of year! We've lived in6 places in the 7 years we've been married and none for more than a year except our house in Illinois. Guess we're in the same club!

Amber said...

Oh, dear I was really hoping this had answers. Good luck my dear. You are in my prayers. Love your attitude. =)

ClancyPants said...

Hi, Rachel. My name is Crazy. Have we met? Oh yeah, only a few hundred times.

Hannah said...

Hahaha...well at least you and Nels are not alone in the crazy department! Will we get to see you guys???

Deanna said...

Oh, my goodness, Rachel!!! Ca.RAZY!!!!! You're in my prayers!!!

lynsey said...

haha, clancy's comment made me laugh!

oh my dearie, only you and nels could do this with such style and flair. :) i thought our 8 moves was a lot! but i'm excited to hear where your next adventure is. and i'm like you, we seem to only move when i'm pregnant. i purposely plan that so i don't have to lift a finger. ha!

so funny, the house down our street came up for rent & is bigger than our current one & i totally called to see if we could afford the rent....and we'll only be here for one more year! ben almost passed out when i told him i would totally do it for a two-story house. :)

lynsey said...

p.s. move to ARIZONA!!! there's a great house maybe coming up for rent with fabulous previous renters. and they'll be just down the street from you!

Perry's said...

Good luck. where you just in the house until it sold? That is what our situation is. It is hard to not know when you are going to have to leave. Just remember the lord knows. somehow it always works out. Love ya Rach.

Kris said...

Wow, sounds like my life just a couple short months ago. I would totally offer to help take your girls off your hands but I'm pretty sure I'll have a new born babe by that time. Good luck with your move and you'll have to let us know where you end up. I'm assuming still in Sandpoint or somewhere close by?