Friday, August 10, 2012

FFF

1. This is a fabulous day! The sun is shining, my tank is clean, and we are gonna get out of here. We're heading to Utah. I.Am.Excited. I can't WAIT to see my family!

2. God is good. So good. Nels is coming with us for part of our trip. We weren't sure if he was going to be able to, but things have worked out.

3. I am seeing physical progress as I've continued to work out. When we first started working out, running 1/4 of a mile was asking a lot (sad, huh?!), but last night I went 2.75 miles in 30 minutes and less than half a mile was walking. There is still a lot of room for progress, but I've come a long way in 6 weeks. I'm going to sign up for a 5K this Fall.

4. Clara has started saying "hi"and waving. Cutest thing EVER. She also gives kisses and says, "na-na-na-na-na-na" and shakes her head back and forth when she doesn't like what I'm trying to feed her. I love my baby!

5. Elsie finally decided to RIDE HER BIKE! She's been able to (easily) since this spring, but has refused to do it. Even after I pressured her into it in March, she still would ride her tricycle - never picking up her two wheeler. (so frustrating) Last week, without any forewarning, I picked her up, sat her on her bike, gave her a big shove, and told her to pedal. She finally DID and never looked back. :) Silly kid. I have SO loved watching her ride all over the neighborhood this week and be so happy with her own independence. We took a long bike ride on Monday and she did beautifully.


Now! Off to pack!!!! Yay!

3 comments:

Julie Button said...

Love the finding memo quote! Congrats on the working out, I didn't all through this pregnancy and boy am I going to pay for it.

Deanna said...

I love your FFF....You are so inspiring!!! Thank you for sharing the wonderful things in life....you are helping me keep things in perspective. :) Love and miss you!!!

Amber said...

The reference to finding Nemo is AWESOME =). I am super impressed with your progress and incredibly happy for Nels. God is good and prayers are answered. Love you tons have fun with your family!